Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How can I make myself drink water? page 2

Primal Fuel
    Drink it warm, I cant bear cold water, so always add a little boiled water from the kettle.
    Article in UK news yesterday says we are all trying to drink too much water, its become a status thing to have a trendy
    bottle in your hand. Also water from tea, coffee, fruit and veg DOES count towards your daily intake. Wonder what they
    will say next week!

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    From an evolutionary perspective (that is what this is all about, after all) we probably wouldn't be drinking water all day long. Mark did a post about it a while back, I believe. Oh, yes, here it is:

Drink Less Water? | Mark's Daily Apple

droidsteve is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann1217 View Post
    From an evolutionary perspective (that is what this is all about, after all) we probably wouldn't be drinking water all day long. Mark did a post about it a while back, I believe. Oh, yes, here it is:

+1..I used to force feed 8+ glasses a day, I still drink a lot, but mostly I drink only when I'm thirsty....

Nossar is offline Member
    that's a joke right? what can you drink if you don't drink water? Do people really live without drinking water?

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Have carbonated water like Perrier.

mom5booklover is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    squirt of citrus juice

slices of cucumber and mint

crystal light

or just guzzle is plain. i drink 32 oz of liquid at a time, a few times a day. i'm usually not that thirsty but i do it anyway
    +1
    also Watermelon chuncks and mint
    cucumber slices and 1/2 cup of lemon juice in a pitcher. Drink all day long. Dont allow yourself to drink anything but the pitcher full of whatever combo of ingredients + water you choose.

I bought a huge 2 liter bottle. I put cucumber and mint some days. I guzzle whenever I think I'm hungry or thirsty. I finish the entire bottle by the end of every day. Even if I have to make myself chug an entire liter at 10 pm (then pee all night You learn to drink it earlier in the day this way.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann1217 View Post

I agree with this. When I'm out on a backpacking trip water isn't available every step of the way. I've done segments where there might be no water at all for 20 miles or even 35 miles. My strategy for that has been to drink a liter of water at the source and carry 3 liters with me. To get that liter down, I use Crystal Light lemonade hydration mix or something like Endurolyte Fizz. Otherwise, it's difficult to drink a lot of water. I see this as sort of like intermittent fasting as far as water is concerned.

Anyway, to the OP, if you are super low carb right now and are needing more water, you might be able to just force yourself to drink a large glass while you take some magnesium and potassium supplements instead of the bare minimum to get the pills down. I went through a period where I would place a teaspoon of salt in the palm of my hand, lick the salt off in a manner that I wouldn't taste it, then wash it down quick with a whole glass of water (salt water you can taste makes me want to vomit). I did this because I don't have a habit of salting my food and I was really low on salt.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by michellethompson View Post
    ... its become a status thing to have a trendy
    bottle in your hand.
    major pet peeve of mine. Constantly used water bottles are filthy germ carriers, unless you run it through the dishwasher or sterilize it daily. I live in a first world country, in an area where abundant, clean, glacier-fed and rain water (treated along the way) flows out of the faucets. Seriously...bottled water companies across north america come here for their water supply. There is no need to carry water around, except *maybe* to and from a workout, or if you work outdoors away from city water. My friend brings hers into restaurants, as if her tap water is better than theirs. The loud sucking noise that comes out of the drip-proof straw when she drinks is like nails on a chalk board. Its like the sound of sucking food out of your teeth.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    You don't need to drink if you are not thirsty. If you are thirsty water will taste good.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Nossar is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I only drink water therefore I do not understand this post at all, can someone explain what people drink if they do not drink water, please?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast