Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On NPR's health blog today: Commenters Bite Back On The Paleo Diet page 2

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    oh i just looked it up, they claim to only get a smallish portion of their support via feds.

whatever. let them say paleo sux. more good food for me!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Unfortunately, she doesn't say which "nutrients, vitamins and minerals" it's low in and how she's determined that.
    It's low in those nutrients she's got in her stock portfolio, the ones invested in Kraft, General Mills and Unilever, among others.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

codered5 is offline Senior Member
    I wanna just eat foods that have to be fortified to have nutrition, I don't want to eat anything that has vitamins and minerals naturally. Good lord common sense is smacking people right in the face and they still won't look him in the eye.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusberries View Post
    Some of the comments on this article I don't understand, but hear a lot. It's the, "well this might work for SOME people, but we're all different and this wouldn't work for most of us." So whole foods aren't good, and people actually should be eating processed food? I don't get it.
    That's argumentum ad odium... aka sour grapes. Probably the same type of people who advocates "moderation."

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
    isn't NPR govt funded? The same govt that gives us subsidized wheat, soy, corn, and the food pyramid encouraging us to make the base of our diet of such subsidized items?
    Actually, you should ask which media outlet isn't funded in some way by the govt? The media menace likes their access.

KathyH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I think people just don't read all the info and perhaps just read about the people on here who live on bacon and coconut oil.
    How different is that from some people on this forum bashing vegeterian/vegan diet by saying that all vegeterians/vegans just eat soy burgers and fake meat and lots of other processed "foods" and they are ALL sick and have deficiencies?

getfit is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
    isn't NPR govt funded? The same govt that gives us subsidized wheat, soy, corn, and the food pyramid encouraging us to make the base of our diet of such subsidized items?
    Indeed.. NPR is B-I-A-S-E-D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12