Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Discouraged by acne page 3

yogashmoga is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    see...THIS is why you join a forum. could hug your face off, grizz.
    this wounded bear is gonna find ALL the answers...health, reveal thyself!!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Some iodine is good. It is possible to have too much of a good thing however.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yogashmoga View Post
    I would REALLY appreciate such a hug, being your red blooded American MAN. All I ask is that you ladies report your progress from taking iodine with the required supplements to our iodine message group here:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45205.html

@@magicmeri,
    The only problem you are likely to experience is if you take too much iodine too soon. Too much Iodine releases toxins into your bloodstream faster than your liver & kidneys can process them. As long as you follow directions carefully there is not likely to be any problems. There are, for example > 6,000 taking this same iodine protocol with stunning success at the Yahoo Iodine Group: Please see their front page:
    iodine : Iodine

Also download their latest Iodine Guide here:
    Metasearch Search Engine - Search.com

This is a world wide movement to educate women on the need for iodine. You will see all of the supporting doctor reports at this location:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-08-2012 at 07:09 AM.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Hi, Grizz! Guess what?! I was at the pet store the other day and saw a Betta Pugnax. I've bred bettas, raised them and sold them. I had about fifteen at one point. Crowntail, fighter plakat, metallic scales - even a green metallic whose mask covered his eyes! He looked like darth vader! So anyway, I saw this wild betta of lore and just couldn't say no.

Every time Grizz tries to sell his snake oil, I get to tell a stupid story. It's a little deal we have going on. Iodine is retarded. Your body only requires trace amounts. It's way too easy to overdose. Grizz shoots the stuff up his butthole. How is that smart? There is no biological precedence for iodine in the rectum. Anyway, don't waste your time with iodine. It's just Grizz's latest flame. If you look back at all of his posts, you'll see the last fads he was hooked on, in sequence. Ignore him.

Things that make acne worse for me:
    Fake olive oil
    Soybean oil
    Any dairy at all (butter, cheese, goat - it's all the same. Instant boils.)
    Too much nut or nut butter, or nut oils.
    Wheat
    Hot water, any soap at all

Things that help:
    Showering as rarely as possible, and then only with cool water
    Teas, herbs, dandelion root, mint, etc.
    Green apples
    Sunlight. If I give my face a tan it stays really clear for a few days, much like a dose of dandelion root will do.
    Eating tons of saturated fat, like my tallow, coconut oil and coconut milk, eggs, etc.
    Staying Primal and not giving in to those free cookies. When I do, I pay for it. For days or even a week.

If I were you (this is how I figured out what gives me zits), I'd strip down to nothing but veggies and animal bits for at least a week. If your zits are all cleared by then, try adding back a big dose of one of your suspected causes. Say, drink three glasses of milk and see what happens. If you break out within the next day or two, you can begin to suspect the milk.

Definitely ditch the butter for tallow for now. It's a big upgrade and SO easy to make. Just chop suet, boil it on low heat, mash it up, keep boiling it and mashing it, strain into jars and refrigerate. That's it!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Grizz is offline Banned
    Sorry knifegill,

But I have all the doctor reports to prove you are dead wrong.

Also the Yahoo Iodine Group has a very good doctor that proves you dead wrong.
    iodine : Iodine

Also Doctor Brownstein proves you to be dead wrong:
    Iodine Deficiency - An Under-Recognized Epidemic
    An Interview With Dr. David Brownstein On Iodine and Thyroid Health | Natural Thyroid Treatment/Graves Disease/Hashimotos Thyroiditis

So ladies, don't let this troll ruin your chances of improving your health,
    Grizz

It's so cute! I can't help but what wonder what your next pet will be when your iodine is found dead in its cage.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yogashmoga View Post
    Yogashmoga,
    Here are some excerpts from the file "Iodine References" complete with references to back up the statements I have made.
    This information is for those who are skeptical that iodine deficiency causes so many diseases.

Symptoms from simple iodine Deficiency
    ==========================

(typically the same as hypothyroidism - Link )
    Dr. Flechas Interview: ”Hormone Receptors and Iodine. All hormone receptors are dependent on iodine, which increases the sensitivity of the receptor to the hormone it is designed for. For example, it can increase the sensitivity of
    insulin receptors and thus help with diabetes. Similarly, it can increase the sensitivity of the receptors for neurotransmitters (e.g., serotonin, dopamine, GABA) in the brain. Thus, depression may lift after taking iodine. It can also increase the sensitivity of receptors for testosterone and FSH/LH. This 2 hr interview was just one revelation after another.
    Cholesterol levels increased (1) * Cysts of skin, breast & ovaries (2,9)
    * Cold intolerance (cold hands & feet) (1) * Concentration decreased [brain fog] (1)
    * Constipation (1) * Depression (1)
    * Diabetes (4) * Dry, coarse hair (1)
    * Dry skin (1) * Dry Mouth
    * Dry Eyes * Excessive sleepiness (1)
    * Fatigue (1) Chronic Fatigue Syndrome * Fibromyalgia (4)
    * Fluid Retention (4) * Graves’ Disease (4)
    * Hair Loss (10) * Headaches (11)
    * Heart rate slowing (1) * Hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, Hashi’s (4, 9)
    * Immune system reduced function (4) * Insomnia (4)
    * Keloids (9) * Memory Poor (12)
    * Miscarriages & Low Baby IQ * Mental Retardation
    * Muscle Cramps, Pain (1,4) * Parotid duct stones.(12)
    * Puffiness around the eyes (1) * Stomach Problems
    * Sweating reduced or gone(1) * Swelling of the legs (edema) (1)
    * Temperature drop in body temp (1) * Thyroid cysts (Goiters) (2,3)
    * Weakness (12) * Weight gain (1)

Symptoms from SEVERE Iodine Deficiency
    ================================
    * Migraine headaches (5,6) * Painful periods/heavy periods (5,6)
    * Pelvic pain (5,6) * PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) (5,6)
    * Endometriosis (5,6) * Fibroid Tumors (5,6)
    * Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) (5,6) * Breast pain (fibrocystic tissue) (5,6)
    * Cancers in female breasts & organs (5,6) * Lung Cancers (13)
    * Prostate problems including Cancer (7,8) * testicular cancer (7,8)
    * Thyroid Cancers * Erectile Dysfunction
    * Aches and pains, vague (1) * Asthma (13)
    * Brittle Nails (12) * Candida(4)
    (1) Iodine Therapy
    (2) Thyroid Cyst Symptoms | eHow.com
    (3) Iodine Cures
    (4) Iodine Therapy
    (5) Iodine Deficiency and Estrogen Dominant Diseases - Jorge D. Flechas, MD - YouTube
    (6) Iodine for Health by Donald W. Miller, Jr., MD
    (7) Cancer and Iodine - The Iodine Project
    (8) Iodine Deficiency - An Under-Recognized Epidemic
    (9) Dr. James Howenstine -- Iodine is Vital For Good Health
    (10) Iodine and Hair Loss: Is There A Connection? | Natural Health & Organic Living Blog
    (11) Dr. James Howenstine -- Iodine is Vital For Good Health
    (12) Iodine deficiency symptoms and benefits | Foods containing Iodine | Overdose Symptoms
    (13) Dr. David Derry Answers Reader Questions -- Asthma and Thyroid Hormones

Bottom line - iodine is required for optimal health. Seaweed is not recommended because it is contaminated with chemicals & arsenic.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-08-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Aww, it's adorable.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I've had exceptionally clear skin for my entire life (although I'm only in my early 20's...so not sure if that counts as "entire life"...) and the only times that I got a few pimples on my face were because:

1) I played on the computer too long (we're talking >8 hours)
    2) I had too little sleep
    3) I ate processed food a week straight (I've pretty much cooked or have stuff cooked for me from scratch at home all my life)
    4) I ate half my calories worth of cheese every other day for a month

yogashmoga is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    sakuragirl,

you are very lucky. those are things i can monitor. breathing affects my hormones. extremely uncomfortable to cut out.

i'm definitely doing my research on the iodine, although i've noticed i get a lot from my diet going back through fitday. starting with a new "primal" doc next week and very excited about it. after tests with him, it very likely seems like something i will add to the regimen and experiment with for a few weeks. gotta finish testing out the CWT first. i only test one variable at a time. really appreciate the resources! i will share my results for sure.
    this wounded bear is gonna find ALL the answers...health, reveal thyself!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123