Thread: ReallyGravity's Food Journal

Threaded View

ReallyGravity's Food Journal

I was always "slim"--I ate whatever I wanted and hardly exercised. Then, around the same time, I turned 30 AND had a baby. I dont want to blame either events (!) , but in the first six months of my daughter's life, I hadnt yet began to lose the 25 pregnancy pounds. I went on a "portion control" diet and 30 minute daily walks, and lost 15 pounds. After that, I went on a high protein, low carb, low fat diet, and lost 10 more pounds in 2 months.

That was an ah moment. Processed carbs (and of course sugars) were not working for my body. So I continued eating like this. I have lost an additional 10 pounds. But the weekend SAD binging wouldnt end. Two months ago, I realized that it was the low fat that was messing me up.

So now, I I have been trying to work on my food relationship--mostly with sugars. My body and mind have evolved to a point where the processed carbs and sugars hardly do anything for me--but I binge anyway...in the hope of getting the "old pleasure" feeling. Yap. Sad but true.

More about myself
    - Age 32
    - Height 5.3
    - Current weight 108.5 pounds (goal is to lean out and cut out some of the jiggle).
    - I go to barre class three times a week (finally, found something I truly love) and do cardio rest of the days--that can be a long stroll, a power walk, or some running.
    - I eat when I am hungry...and that usually works up to two big meals and one big snack. And there are some days when I cant stop eating.
    - Note: No calorie counting here. This is one of the big reasons I LOVE primal eating.
    - I dont do much dairy but I do have the occasional greek yogurt or piece of cheese.
    - Ok ok. I am working on the fruit addiction.
    - I am also trying on not weighing myself on a daily basis
    - I eat 80/20. I am not seeking perfection here. I am trying to find balance that works with my life circumstance.

What I will be doing in this journal
    - Photos or descriptions of my meals
    - Talk about my workout
    - Ask questions (aka, talk out loud about my progress)

Thanks for listening!
    Last edited by reallygravity; 06-06-2012 at 06:42 AM.