I was always "slim"--I ate whatever I wanted and hardly exercised. Then, around the same time, I turned 30 AND had a baby. I dont want to blame either events (!) , but in the first six months of my daughter's life, I hadnt yet began to lose the 25 pregnancy pounds. I went on a "portion control" diet and 30 minute daily walks, and lost 15 pounds. After that, I went on a high protein, low carb, low fat diet, and lost 10 more pounds in 2 months.
That was an ah moment. Processed carbs (and of course sugars) were not working for my body. So I continued eating like this. I have lost an additional 10 pounds. But the weekend SAD binging wouldnt end. Two months ago, I realized that it was the low fat that was messing me up.
So now, I I have been trying to work on my food relationship--mostly with sugars. My body and mind have evolved to a point where the processed carbs and sugars hardly do anything for me--but I binge anyway...in the hope of getting the "old pleasure" feeling. Yap. Sad but true.
More about myself
- Age 32
- Height 5.3
- Current weight 108.5 pounds (goal is to lean out and cut out some of the jiggle).
- I go to barre class three times a week (finally, found something I truly love) and do cardio rest of the days--that can be a long stroll, a power walk, or some running.
- I eat when I am hungry...and that usually works up to two big meals and one big snack. And there are some days when I cant stop eating.
- Note: No calorie counting here. This is one of the big reasons I LOVE primal eating.
- I dont do much dairy but I do have the occasional greek yogurt or piece of cheese.
- Ok ok. I am working on the fruit addiction.
- I am also trying on not weighing myself on a daily basis
- I eat 80/20. I am not seeking perfection here. I am trying to find balance that works with my life circumstance.
What I will be doing in this journal
- Photos or descriptions of my meals
- Talk about my workout
- Ask questions (aka, talk out loud about my progress)
Thanks for listening!