Thread: ReallyGravity's Food Journal page

reallygravity is offline Senior Member

ReallyGravity's Food Journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was always "slim"--I ate whatever I wanted and hardly exercised. Then, around the same time, I turned 30 AND had a baby. I dont want to blame either events (!) , but in the first six months of my daughter's life, I hadnt yet began to lose the 25 pregnancy pounds. I went on a "portion control" diet and 30 minute daily walks, and lost 15 pounds. After that, I went on a high protein, low carb, low fat diet, and lost 10 more pounds in 2 months.

That was an ah moment. Processed carbs (and of course sugars) were not working for my body. So I continued eating like this. I have lost an additional 10 pounds. But the weekend SAD binging wouldnt end. Two months ago, I realized that it was the low fat that was messing me up.

So now, I I have been trying to work on my food relationship--mostly with sugars. My body and mind have evolved to a point where the processed carbs and sugars hardly do anything for me--but I binge anyway...in the hope of getting the "old pleasure" feeling. Yap. Sad but true.

More about myself
    - Age 32
    - Height 5.3
    - Current weight 108.5 pounds (goal is to lean out and cut out some of the jiggle).
    - I go to barre class three times a week (finally, found something I truly love) and do cardio rest of the days--that can be a long stroll, a power walk, or some running.
    - I eat when I am hungry...and that usually works up to two big meals and one big snack. And there are some days when I cant stop eating.
    - Note: No calorie counting here. This is one of the big reasons I LOVE primal eating.
    - I dont do much dairy but I do have the occasional greek yogurt or piece of cheese.
    - Ok ok. I am working on the fruit addiction.
    - I am also trying on not weighing myself on a daily basis
    - I eat 80/20. I am not seeking perfection here. I am trying to find balance that works with my life circumstance.

What I will be doing in this journal
    - Photos or descriptions of my meals
    - Talk about my workout
    - Ask questions (aka, talk out loud about my progress)

Thanks for listening!
    Last edited by reallygravity; 06-06-2012 at 06:42 AM.

June68 is offline Senior Member
    welcome aboard. I'm new to this also and am not into calorie counting, but will strive for 100% primal. If I miss a bit (like having corn in mixed veg yesterday) I'm not going to beat myself up over it.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

Hey June68,
    Totally. I feel the same way. Taking the example of corn, I dont have it at home. But if I go out, and order a salad, and there is corn in it, totally fine. Now that I am reading so many people's stories, I realize that there are so many grey areas--as in, what one strives to be.

June 6 2012

June 6 2012

Breakfast at 9.30am-- Spicy Pork curry (pork is part pork belly, part pork tenderloin), pepper fajitas, half avocado with salt and pepper

june6.jpg

Dinner at 4.30pm -- Spicy Pork curry, raw bell peppers, papaya

dinnerjune6.jpg
    Last edited by reallygravity; 06-06-2012 at 01:58 PM.

June 7 2012

Man, did I crave sugar (aka sugary fruit) last night? But thats all I wanted, and I wasnt hungry. So end of story. Went to bed sugar-less. Whoever thought this would come down to me avoiding a banana, and not an ice-cream sundae?

Today's story.

Meal 1 at 10am

Steamed broccoli with spices, chicken wings (spice-coated, pan fried with a little coconut oil), half glass of green juice (homemade--ingredients are kale, celery, spinach, green apple, and ginger)

1-june7.jpg

Meal 2 at 2pm

chicken wings, half glass green juice, cauliflower "biryani," chicken curry, pork curry. I also ate one mango (no picture)

2-june7.jpg

Proposed Meal 3 before bed-time

One glass of green juice

andyTHFC is offline Member
    Lovin' the pics! You're makin' me hungry!

Andy! I am loving this whole picture taking.

Forget this green juice before going to bed. Pfff. DH just got home and brought the most delicious bacon. I just had some of it. My mom is visiting and she is also transformed. She is loving it.

Feel like I need to resurrect my journal. I have been going way off--eating way too much fruit and way too much dairy.

Meal 1: 11.30am(ish)

ONE banana and one bottle of BluePrint Green juice (I carry these two things with me if I know I am going to out of the house most of the morning. Portable meal of sorts)

photo12.jpg

Meal 2: 3.45pm

Chicken wing curry (coconut milk based); cauliflower in onions and spices

photo.jpg

Meal 1: 9am

Chicken wings coconut curry, cauliflower with spices, one banana

photo.jpg

Meal 2: 3pm

Egg salad (eggs, avocado, apple, mayo, celery)
    one banana (not in picture; I know, too much fruit. We have a dozen bananas that have totally ripened...need to eat them, else in the garbage)

photo12.jpg