Thread: Primal Journal (Kotik) page

KotikBegemotik is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal (Kotik)

Shop Now
    I've had the 21 Day Total Body Transformation since it came out.

I have yet to start.

However, after trying to do the basic movements at the very elementary level and failing, sign me up.

I'm starting at...holy crap, 165 lbs. I never thought I would ever carry that much weight on my 5'6" frame. I've always been the rounder kid, but this is too much even for me. I'm going to be 25 in a few months. I want to be a healthy weight before then.

Breakfast: Grande soy sugar free cinnamon dolce, 1 petite vanilla scone

Lunch: Brie and mushroom soup, two slices of baguette, pat of butter, tea, scone with devonshire cream and black currant preserves

Snack: Passion ice tea, birthday cake pop, random tortilla chips

Dinner: Leafy salad, grilled salmon, avocado with soy sauce, tea, half a WW pina colada cupcake, a tidbit of halwa

Evening rummaging: ~10 Pringles chips, 1.5 apricots, 1 Primrose oil capsule because I felt guilty after all the unhealthy stuffs

Activity: 2 sets of 30 girly pushups, 2 two minute planking with knees and forearms, 25 assisted squats, 25 more assisted squats pausing every other time, 25 assisted squats, one more round of 25 squats.

Feeling: Kill me now.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. Are you cleaning out your pantry? Not sure you realize that none of your day's food is primal except the salad, salmon, avocado minus soy sauce, tea, butter and cream.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Hedonist2, thanks for the welcome!

Yes, I do realize that those are indeed not primal foods. It is a sad state of affairs.

I wanted to put down my pre-official-start eating habits. I'm officially attempting to eat primally tomorrow. Since it's a tad too late at the moment.

Paleobird Guest
    Tomorrow is another day. It will get better. Check back in and let us know how it went.

Welcome.

It's funny. I always seem to be taking first steps, but the second and third and fourth steps seem to be impossible. I've attempted Primal twice before only to be knocked down by my sabotaging sweet tooth. I'm going to try one more, possibly last, time. I'm going to try to identify why I rely so much on sweet things. I'm going to try to stop the weird achy feelings in my fingers and arms that I'm way too young to be feeling. I'm going to try to solve the icky backne and breakouts I've been having for years. I'm going to get back to a healthy body fat %.

I'm going to try.

Most importantly: if I have set-backs, I will try my bloody hardest to get back on the wagon. I endeavor to not give up. I endeavor to work through my problems. I endeavor to succeed.

One meal at a time.

Day 1:
    157 lbs. at 5'6"
    Breakfast: 3 small baked tomatoes. 2 hard boiled eggs. That was about an hour and a half ago. I feel famished. Already.

And checking in again. Two days in a row. I should get a medal. :P

Day 1, Continued:

Snack: 1 can of tuna. 1 tsp sesame oil. Touch of rice vinegar. Touch of soy sauce

Lunch: Cup of hot chicken broth (yum). Boiled chicken drumstick. Shredded carrot with touch of olive oil.

Dinner: Eggplant and bell pepper sauteed in olive oil.

Dessert: 1.5 tbs butter with cocoa powder and stevia. (Curse that Stevia and it's icky taste.)

Snack upon realizing my fat intake for the day was too low: 1 tbs. peanut butter. So good. So worth it.

My calorie intake was much lower than I expected despite the butters: 1063 cal. C: 26% F: 52% P: 22%

And I went on a long long long walk....walking with a friend is always lovely.

I woke up on Day 2 feeling like the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal.

Breakfast: Nori with salmon caviar. (Leftover from dinner party. I'm not of the fancy folks who stock the stuff on a regular basis, :P)

Snack: Golden delicious apple with peanut butter. This would end up being the second best thing I ate all day.

Lunch: Cup of hot chicken broth. Boiled chicken drumstick. Homemade (even better: Grandparent-made) sauerkraut.

Snack: Liberal slice of smoked pork.

Dinner: Another liberal slice of smoked pork. Roasted brussel sprouts with bacon. A bit of the cabbage and egg made for the next day. To taste it, of course. A teaspoon of almond butter. Regarding the almond butter, how the hell am I supposed to be able to eat this icky stuff? It's so blooming dry!

Evening rummaging: 1/2 an orange with a cup of coconut milk. It sounded better in my head. It tasted ick out of the blender.

Activity: 1 hr. walk. 1k jog/limp.

Feeling: I was either starving or full. I'm not sure. My stonach was feeling something.

W: 156.6 Cal:1295 C: 26% F: 47% P: 27%

Feeling upon waking up this morning: I want my pillow. No energy.

It is the morning of Day 5 of being no-cheat Primal.

I went to bed a tad peckish. I woke up ravenous. I am now scarfing down some bacon-roasted brussel sprouts with a side of bacon.

I won't go into detail about day 3 and 4, but I will summarize:

Day 3:
    W: 156.0 Cal:1102 C: 30% F: 49% P: 21%

Day 4:
    W: 155.0 Cal:1005 C: 19% F: 63% P: 18%

I was good both days. I exercised, ate only butter for dairy, and walked by the peanut butter jar in the pantry with an aloof demeanor.

So why the heck did my weight tick up half a pound this morning? Whine! I know it's not a big deal. But when I wake up feeling like I've been out in the wilderness for a few days with no food, I expect the scale to tell me I've lost something. And not just my sanity.

Well, onwards and upwards. (And if my body fat cells are listening: downwards, you blooming jerks. Downwards!)

This morning finds me in a better mood. The scale liked me this morning. It said I weighed only 154 lbs. I haven't weighed that much in months. Months!

We will now attempt to figure out why it liked me.

Yesterday, Day 5:

It was a day of treats. From a nice Chipotle burrito bowl (no rice, no beans, no dairy, no guilt) to a vanilla rooibos latte at the Green Siren. I did have dairy. It was whole milk. That's my excuse and I'm sticking by it.

My macros were right where I wanted them.

W: 155.5 Cal: 1373 C: 20% F: 59% P: 21%

I really think that the uptick in calories helped my body see that my goal wasn't to starve it. So I'm going to try to hit a minimum of 1200 calories daily. Starting with a deliciously evil egg scramble.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill

"Keep Calm and Carry On"-British Wartime Poster

"Don't Panic"
    -H2G2

I'm 153! 153! Holy crap!

I eat bacon, eggs, bacon, meat, bacon, butter, and bacon. And I'm still losing weight!

Yippee!

To summarize yesterday, Day 6:

W: 154 Cal: 1342 C: 20% F: 54% P: 26%

I ate strictly primal if you don't count the bit of roasted brown rice in my Geinmaicha. You try to take away my Geinmaicha and I will kill you.

But I wasn't tired. I even took a cold shower before climbing into bed and shivering under the covers with a smile on my face. I'm in such a good mood today. Really!
    Last edited by KotikBegemotik; 10-26-2012 at 09:44 AM. Reason: I can't spell.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill

"Keep Calm and Carry On"-British Wartime Poster

"Don't Panic"
    -H2G2