Thread: Need help!!! page

kiwigal is offline Senior Member

Need help!!!

Ugh!!! I was feeling wonderful on a Low Carb Paleo diet until I started exercising and upping my activity level. Now I am constantly tired and fatigued and feel like I did right before starting Low Carb.

My current diet is protein, veggies, fats and oils and nuts. I have limited oils but eat a LOT of nuts.

I just started working out and can't get through more than two days at the gym even when I start out light, without crashing on the couch with exhaustion.

Could this be diet related??? Should I increase or decrease my carb level???

I just want to feel awesome again.

Sigh

Thanks guys!!!!

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Try replacing the nuts with some sweet potatos, plantains, squash, etc. for a few days to see if you feel better. Some people (myself included) don't do well on low carbs...especially if you're working out more. Experiment with different amounts and see what works.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Yaaa like Tradawg said your carb count might be too low, also how long have you being eating primal and what kind of exercises are you doing? If your body is still adapting to switching to fat as an energy source, you could fatigue easily doing high intensity cardio. I would def suggest doing something more low intensity like some slow walks etc until your body adapts completely. But i would also check my carb count, it could just be too low.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Yup, what they said! I can't go low carb, it saps my will to live. Where are you from?
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tradawg View Post
    Try replacing the nuts with some sweet potatos, plantains, squash, etc. for a few days to see if you feel better. Some people (myself included) don't do well on low carbs...especially if you're working out more. Experiment with different amounts and see what works.
    +1. I do very well on low carb, but once my activity level gets too high, I need to add a bit. Replacing nuts with a sweet potato or other higher carb veggie/fruit may help. If you don't like sweet potato, their are other veggie/fruit choices. I like to add berries on the days that I workout. (1) I love them and (2) they give me that little bit of energy that I need.