Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Staying Primal While Abroad Without Snobbery page 2

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Just roll with it, eat lots of eggs (yes they are good sources of protein). Rice and beans aren't not really in fact all THAT bad for you in the grand scheme of things - they are unprocessed whole foods after all. Tell them you love eggs, chicken, fish, and coconuts, and yes you should probably make a few meat purchases for everyone to even things out. But overall I would just put primal on hold, try to eat plenty of protein and avoid snacking, and enjoy the experience. When I travel, I jut put the PB on pause, try to get plenty of meat, avoid processed foods, and enjoy myself.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    Just roll with it, eat lots of eggs (yes they are good sources of protein). Rice and beans aren't not really in fact all THAT bad for you in the grand scheme of things - they are unprocessed whole foods after all. Tell them you love eggs, chicken, fish, and coconuts, and yes you should probably make a few meat purchases for everyone to even things out. But overall I would just put primal on hold, try to eat plenty of protein and avoid snacking, and enjoy the experience. When I travel, I jut put the PB on pause, try to get plenty of meat, avoid processed foods, and enjoy myself.
    +1

I travel quite a bit, and I avoid the things that are really problematic for me (I'm celiac) but otherwise try to just eat good food and enjoy the experience. I joke that I eat my way through every country I visit--I love experiencing all the flavours and textures of a new cuisine.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

toadlady is offline Junior Member
    Thank you all for your responses!

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Belize is a very tropical and beautiful country. I spent close to a month there years ago(was on a 6 month driving trip in and around Southern Mexico/Central America) and if I recall, the food can be very Primal friendly:-) Yes, there will be rice and beans(plenty of them), but you don't have to make them your main source of food. And as one poster said, if you are doing a lot of strenuous work, use the rice as a carb re-feed.

If you are going to be near the coast (which won't be too hard, as it's not a large country), then seafood will be plentiful:-) Goat is also very common from what I remember, and is extremely tasty:-) Chicken is also common. Don't remember too much on the beef, but at the time I wasn't eating it as much as I do now. Also remember that you are btwn Mayan Mexico and Guatemala, so the cuisine will be fabulous. IMHO.

Relax, and enjoy yourselves. Make it an experience to remember, and enjoy the beautiful waters and tropical jungles:-) Free your mind, and your Grok will follow.

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerGrok View Post
    Belize is a very tropical and beautiful country. I spent close to a month there years ago(was on a 6 month driving trip in and around Southern Mexico/Central America) and if I recall, the food can be very Primal friendly:-) Yes, there will be rice and beans(plenty of them), but you don't have to make them your main source of food. And as one poster said, if you are doing a lot of strenuous work, use the rice as a carb re-feed.

If you are going to be near the coast (which won't be too hard, as it's not a large country), then seafood will be plentiful:-) Goat is also very common from what I remember, and is extremely tasty:-) Chicken is also common. Don't remember too much on the beef, but at the time I wasn't eating it as much as I do now. Also remember that you are btwn Mayan Mexico and Guatemala, so the cuisine will be fabulous. IMHO.

Relax, and enjoy yourselves. Make it an experience to remember, and enjoy the beautiful waters and tropical jungles:-) Free your mind, and your Grok will follow.
    I want to steal this quote...please!

toadlady is offline Junior Member
    @soccergrok,

Thanks a million for your input. You've eased my mind quite a bit. I had forgotten about seafood!

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Rice won't kill you, and the beans though not idea will be fine. I say go with the experience see if you can get an extra egg or two or some fish and enjoy.

The lack of ANY processing in the food will more than make up for any problem with the beans.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12