Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: mycatsnameisbug daily journal page

mycatsnameisbug is offline Junior Member

mycatsnameisbug daily journal

Primal Fuel
    Heres a little bit about me... in case anyone is reading this (doubtful- my nutrition, workouts and general thought vomit cannot possibly be interesting to anyone other than myself lol)

-I am a 27 yo f
    - I am very very happily married to my best friend in the entire world. We met when i was 15, started dating at 16 and got married 8 years later
    -I am in the process of studying for the LSATS, applying to law school and getting my Paralegal Certificate
    -I manage Short Term Disability claims for a living (and haaaate to deny people, but love to read medical information, which basically the only reason I drag my butt to the desk everymorning)
    -I work from home- pros= working in PJ's. I can roll my eyes at my boss whenever she starts talking. The world is my office- i can work anywhere. No cubicle mates to gross out as I wolf down primal meatloaf/offal at 7 am. Cons= sometimes i draw faces on inanimate objects and talk to them... it gets a little lonely
    - I have an AWESOME dog. He was adopted about 6 months ago from a high kill shelter. He is my baby and I love him more than anything (other than my husband). Ironically he is allergic to grains, so he i guess is paleo too. He is 75 lbs, and a lab pit mix who is so smart but so stupid. Smart=can get on our kitchen counter when hes thirsty and turn on our faucet. Stupid=his favorite toy is a 5 gallon homer bucket. He thinks it is another dog.
    - I was an Art Major in college-but always wanted to be a lawyer. I caved under family pressure and went to art school.
    -I met my best (girl) friend in kindergarten. We bonded over our mutual obsession for pink galoshes worn with anything, and I thought her name was Cake for an entire week (her name is Kate). We still hangout all the time.
    - I am a fatkid who loves to work out- especially weights, running and biking. weird. i know.
    - I LOVE to cook. especially for others. Have enjoyed going primal because it challenges me to think outside the box a bit
    - I love folk music, 70's punk rock and death metal. Dubstep gets me pumped for workouts.

so thats it... onto the last thing-

My...
    Highest Weight- January 2012 283 lbs.
    Current weight- June 7 2012 259 lbs.
    I currently wear a size 18 pant (which are getting looser!), and XXL shirt.
    I am 5'3". I usually lie and say I'm 5'4"

I want to be back to a fighting weight. I dont want to be super skinny. I wanna be the girl with muscles. I wanna be the girl who can whoopass.

For now my short term goals are:
    240 lbs.
    Size 16 pant
    by September

My long term goals is to be a size 8, have "guns" and finish a tough mudder. or a half marathon... you know depending on my mood or whatever.

--wheewwww long post. im sick of looking at it myself.

k bye!

Im going to see if this works...
    This is my food diary 06/04/2012. I am keeping track to make sure i am in the carb curve, and to ensure that i am eating enough fat... lets see if i can do this.

MyPlate - Food Diary & Food Calorie Counter | LIVESTRONG.COM

Hedonist2 is online now Senior Member
    Welcome and good luck!
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

KotikBegemotik is offline Senior Member
    Hello Owner of the Cat named Bug!

You are a brave woman indeed to face the formidable LSATs and give PB a shot at the same time. I salute you and your efforts and look forward to hearing more about your journey.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KotikBegemotik View Post
    Hello Owner of the Cat named Bug!

You are a brave woman indeed to face the formidable LSATs and give PB a shot at the same time. I salute you and your efforts and look forward to hearing more about your journey.
    Yes, that is a lot on your plate at once. (yuk, yuk). So do we get to see a pic of bug?

Welcome and well wishes,

Robin

Thanks for all the well wishes! Ya i figure if im going to go for it and go to lawschool, might as well be healthy. No pics of my cat (the screen name is actually one i have had for about 10 years- the cat named bug lives with my parents at the ripe old age of 17- shes my dad's homegirl and he wont give her up!) but i do have pics of stew my dog stew face.jpg

heres my log from yesterday

MyPlate - Food Diary & Food Calorie Counter | LIVESTRONG.COM

if anyone wouldnt mind commenting- i would welcome suggestions! Still learning to trust this whole high fat thing- but damn it tastes so good!

On a side note- my husband (a notorious squash hater) said that he liked the spaghetti squash with marinara and grassfed beef.
    He's officially on board, he has had years of terrible stomach issues... and all seems completely resolved within 3 days of no gluten, and very very little grain... and his tummy is deflating... to show the abs he is earning at the gym. So that has been awesome.

Will post my log from today tomorrow.

MyPlate - Food Diary & Food Calorie Counter | LIVESTRONG.COM <-------------- diary from yesterday

so I bought a new scale on monday (my other one was so inconsistent and digital-- i wanted consistent and simple so i went for a regular old school scale). Only thing is it said that my weight Monday was 270 (about ten lbs higher than my trainers scale) but today it said..... 262.........WHAT??? And I have been eating bacon like its my job?!?!?! hells yes... loving this.

o and I might add... a couple of years ago i was on the WW forum bootcamp buddies (uh yeah, the title should kinda clue you into what they were like over there). I just remember everyone being so MISERABLE. Nitpicking each other, complaining about how starving they were. So it has been a breath of fresh air to see the forums around here-- funny, informative, inquisitive, tons of great posts all around. I think Im going to like it here.

Paleobird Guest
    When I clicked on the livestrong links the tables just gave me zeros. Probably have to be logged in as you to see it. (?)

My only comment on your macro balancing act would be to make sure you get enough protein first. Fit the yummy fats in around it but don't skimp on the protein.

And your doggie is adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    When I clicked on the livestrong links the tables just gave me zeros. Probably have to be logged in as you to see it. (?)

My only comment on your macro balancing act would be to make sure you get enough protein first. Fit the yummy fats in around it but don't skimp on the protein.

And your doggie is adorable.
    Hmm... weird. I dunno why that isnt working for you, it works for me- maybe because im logged in on that site? Well anyways, a typical day of food is about 1500-1800 cal, about a 1/3 protein, 1/2 fat, and whatevers left is carb- usually from fruit. Havent been eating tubers yet. I do eat some dairy- heavy cream in coffee, raw cheese, a little heavy whip cream (no sugar) with some dark chocolate and berries for dessert.

Today's Menu:
    B: two eggs, two bacon strips, apple, 1/2 c strawberries
    L: Chicken Curry a little bit of rice (long story, but i picked around it, and ended up eating a little bit to be polite)
    S: Cucumbers with homemade vinaigrette, a little bit of full fat mozz
    S: Unsweetened chocolate almond milk and larabar
    D: Fajita bowl with lettuce tomato peppers guac sourcream and pulled beef

My dog stew is my bubba. Only because its another thing that I am passionate about, I always tell the story of how we got stew. I was looking for a dog, and a friend of a friend said she volunteered in a shelter. Turns out it was an urban high kill shelter. I went at 11:00 in the morning saw this crazy ass dog, and then a volunteer came out and said, "are you taking number 155?" Ugh my heart just broke- the dogs were numbered. To make it worse, the volunteer said (before I even said yes), "thank you so much, I was going to have to put him down at 3:00 today" and gave me a huge hug. Uh, ya who could say no. We took him home, he was an absolute mess the first week- extremely sick from wandering around the street, panicked that we were leaving him all the time, damn near yanked my arm off when walking him and a cat walked by. But 9 months later he is the BEST dog I have ever had. Never leaves our side, is so well trained that we only carry a leash for as a technicality. He's a giant lapdog, 75 lbs of snuggle, loves my friends kids, other dogs, and our family (including my 78 yo gramma who holds onto him when she comes up my front steps of my house- he sits on each step patiently while she holds onto his collar to help herself up. Used to be afraid of dogs, till she met him). He just all around an awesome dog. Adopt a dog if you can, in return you get a new best friend

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast