Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Elevation Burger page 3

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm gunna hit this place up on Friday for lunch. Always in search of a good burger joint.

"Mmmmmmmm, that IS a tasty burger"

morganpmiller is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffC View Post
    Ditch the bun. I eat there quite a bit as their original location on Lee Highway in Falls Church is about 3 blocks from my house. They gladly wrap a double burger in a big iceburg lettuce leaf, tastes very good that way. I don't miss the bun at all. I'll usually share an order of fries or if I am feeling greedy a milk shake with my co diner. Make sure you get the frequent diner card, with 7 patties, you get a free patty.

This place has expanded like crazy, from the original one about five years ago, I've seen quite a few more in the Washington DC area.
    I drive by it all the time. My friend, who has been a lot more than a friend, lives in the newer apartments right near Elevation Burger. I thought that was the original location. Good for them. They seem to be doing very well.

JeffC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by morganpmiller View Post
    I drive by it all the time. My friend, who has been a lot more than a friend, lives in the newer apartments right near Elevation Burger. I thought that was the original location. Good for them. They seem to be doing very well.
    I'd definitely recommend just as much the Peruvian place Super Chicken a few doors farther east (on the same side of the road). There is not much space to eat there but since your friend lives in the apartments near by you can just walk back and eat there. A whole chicken (with two sides, fries, yucca or potato, and salad are best paleo sides) is only $17, it's an amazing price and amazing chicken. I'm sure the quality of the ingredients is not as good as Elevation Burger but the seasonings they use are just incredible. I know there are other Latin Chicken places in the area but this one is quite good.

I like Elevation Burger for what it does, not sure I prefer it over In n Out Burger which exists in many other places but not here. Elevation Burger's set up is not good for people with babies/toddlers in high chairs though. It's a royal pain if that is your case and the wait can be long, I try to get there at slightly off times and only with my older daughter who is 6.

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    "Mmmmmmmm, that IS a tasty burger"
    Do they speak English in "What"?

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StackingPlates View Post
    Do they speak English in "What"?
    Say What again....

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    The bun.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    If this is the same restaurant then yeah the fries are cooked in olive oil, but you could also get a side salad:

Elevation Burger - Ingredients Matter

It also specifically says, "Avoiding bread? Wrap your burger in lettuce."

Sounds like a fekkin' awesome place. Bummer that all their New York locations are in New York City.
    Interesting. Their website says all meat is ground on location. They grind it IN the place. That's pretty damn cool. I've lived a mile from an Elevation Burger for years but I've never gone. Maybe I should check it out?

https://plus.google.com/108505584414...ut?gl=us&hl=en

Reviews are pretty hit-or-miss. For the $$$, I'd still rather cook my own burgers and fries.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Hawkward is offline Senior Member
    Too bad they don't just cook the fries in (grass-fed) beef tallow.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    We went to one in San Diego and liked it. Too far out of the way to justify regular visits, but if one opened near work I'd probably go once in a while.

When we were there, me and Mr. Onalark split the fries, and went sans bun. I don't remember much about either, honestly. So not mind-blowingly awesome, but not terrible either. Nice to see a business focusing on quality.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    There's one very close to where I live, flavor wise I'm honestly unimpressed, but when the pot-fueled munchies strike it's a pretty decent place to hit up.

Much rather make my own, easier, faster, tastier, etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123