Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Elevation Burger page 2

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If the french fries are potatoes fried in olive oil, then it is 100% Primal. The only reason to give it up would be to remove calories.

I don't eat buns, so I'd give that up.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

primalkyle is offline Senior Member
    I've never heard of this place. I'm gonna check out the Dallas location next week before we head to Angelika. Sounds delicious.

JeffC is offline Senior Member
    Ditch the bun. I eat there quite a bit as their original location on Lee Highway in Falls Church is about 3 blocks from my house. They gladly wrap a double burger in a big iceburg lettuce leaf, tastes very good that way. I don't miss the bun at all. I'll usually share an order of fries or if I am feeling greedy a milk shake with my co diner. Make sure you get the frequent diner card, with 7 patties, you get a free patty.

This place has expanded like crazy, from the original one about five years ago, I've seen quite a few more in the Washington DC area.

wolfman is offline Senior Member
    EAT BOTH, enjoy the HELL out of it, if you don't eat potatoes and bread everyday you will be fine.

MikeT is offline Junior Member
    Yes, it is nationwide (global actually). Currently there are ~30 locations, but expanding quickly.

Olive oil itself actually has a decently high smoke point (plenty high enough for frying potatoes). EVOO has a lower smoke point, but that is because it is a first pressing, so a lot of the flavor compounds remain in it. Those flavor compounds are what burn/smoke at high heat. Plain olive oil on the other hand, doesn't have these flavor compounds because they have been filtered out so it has a much higher smoke point. You can watch them frying the fries in the restaurant and see the oil is not smoking. I also think the olive oil gives the fries a great flavor - to the point where I don't even really like the taste of other fries anymore.

I agree with everyone above who mentioned the lettuce wrap option. The lettuce wrap burger (with 2 or 3 patties - I haven't yet tried more than that) holds up extremely well and I think the cool crispiness of the lettuce make a nice contract with the soft warm burger. I'd definitely take fries over the bun.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    If this is the same restaurant then yeah the fries are cooked in olive oil, but you could also get a side salad:

Elevation Burger - Ingredients Matter

It also specifically says, "Avoiding bread? Wrap your burger in lettuce."

Sounds like a fekkin' awesome place. Bummer that all their New York locations are in New York City.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Eh, sometimes I'll have a hamburger with a bun and other times I won't. Depends on how I'm feeling. Roll with it... bun or sans bun. 1 hamburger bun, if you don't have digestive issues with it, isn't going to be problematic.

If I was out with friends and family having a good time, I'd eat the whole meal. If I was eating lunch during the week, I probably just go meat and fries.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    Eh, sometimes I'll have a hamburger with a bun and other times I won't. Depends on how I'm feeling. Roll with it... bun or sans bun. 1 hamburger bun, if you don't have digestive issues with it, isn't going to be problematic.

If I was out with friends and family having a good time, I'd eat the whole meal. If I was eating lunch during the week, I probably just go meat and fries.
    This.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast