Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Books page 3

tattooedmohler is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    NobleSavage: Sorry it has taken me a little while to get back to here. As for "The Name of the Wind" I enjoyed it very much and would not consider it gritty. My biggest complaint is that the book is mostly build up for the rest of the trilogy which is not much of a complaint since I was ready to order the sequel as soon as I finished the first book.

As for what I am now reading I have an advanced reader from the bookstore I used to work at that I am looking forward to called "Alif the Unseen." As well as reading "Love Does" I swear every time I look my stack of books to read gets bigger and bigger

Ashwin is offline Junior Member
    My favorite Books ---

1. one night at call center
    2. swami vivekanand
    3. three mistakes of my life
    4. Mahatma Gandhi

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    In the process of reading Body by Science with authors Dr Doug McGuff & John Little. It is expounding the virtues of HIT strength training. I reckon I can manage 12 minutes a week with weights and 3 minutes a week on my rowing machine.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    i'm looking at an ancient copy of "The Macrobiotic Way", which i took from my mother's stockpile of unwanted cookbooks a long time ago. It's pretty amusing. How long could someone eat that way???!!!

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    I started reading Game of Thrones which was really good, though it got too upsetting for me to read (I admit I am a 46 yr old wimp of a woman and dont like to read upsetting things before I go to sleep.)
    As my 19 year old son says- its only fiction. And I know that but even still.
    Incidentally he loved it, and is now on the second book.
    I really enjoyed the medieval Shardlake mysteries (not sure if you have them in the US)
    I also like Lee Child books which althoug very gritty don't upset me.
    I regularly dip into Primal Blueprint. Though am looking for other books about Paleo.

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I recently read "Catching Fire: How Cooking Made Us Human" by Richard W. Wrangham... really excellent book that this crowd might enjoy. It's an engaging read for sure.

Lately I've been reading a ton of books about paleo/primal/etc.

Next up is "The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined" by Steven Pinker. Really looking forward to that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123