Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Books page 2

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    just started "ishmael" by daniel quinn
    I just finished re-reading the second book in the "Ishmael" trilogy, The Story of B. PM me if you decide you want to borrow any of his other stuff after you finish Ishmael. I have most of them.

Also working my way through Esther Gokhale's 8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back

And I have Good Meat on my coffee table as a permanent fixture.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
    a book about building a straw bale house - hoping to make it reality someday!

The Straw Bale House [Book]
    I just heard about rammed earth yesterday and would LOVE to experiment with that.

NobleSavage is offline Member
    I'm trying to get through book 10 of the Malazan Book of the Fallen series. Its a tough ride. On the side im readin Bernard Cornwells Warlord Chronicles that revolves around his interpretation of the Arthurian legend. The writing style and too-quick phase is somewhat dissapointing but the setting of post-roman britain and the the clash between druidism and christianity is really interesting.
    Next on my list is:
    The Way of the Shaman by Michael Harner (an initiation into shamanism as teached by south american tribes)
    Pharmako/Gnosis - A supposedly interesting poetic take on psychedelics both natural and manmade

Tatoooedmoehler: is 'In the Name of the Wind' any good? Really looking for new good fantasy but im abit tired of the gritty low-fantasy stuff like George RR Martin and co. Really want something Tolkienesque atm.
    Last edited by NobleSavage; 06-07-2012 at 07:26 AM.

billp is offline Senior Member
    Still reading Tristram Shandy. Tristram is still not born. Dr. Slop has got his bag and gone to be man-midwife to Mrs. Shandy achild-bed and Mr. Shandy and Uncle Toby are discussing the origin of ideas, even though uncle Toby is only interested in battles and fortifications. Am still getting odd looks on the train when I burst out laughing.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    I just heard about rammed earth yesterday and would LOVE to experiment with that.
    the thing that is interesting about the straw bale stuff is that it is apparently much easier as DIY project. Well, maybe just the smaller ones houses.

i like looking at these pics b/c it's in one of my favorite places!

A Desert Oasis

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    I'm reading SACRE BLEU by Christopher Moore and DUST AND DECAY by Jonathan Maberry.

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    By the Sword: Gladiators, Musketeers, Duelists, Samurai, Swashbucklers and Points of Honour

... a potted history of fighting with a sword. I'm somewhere at the end of the 1500s at the moment, my favourite era of street gangs, thuggery and beating them away with a sidearm.

Feet in the Clouds: A Tale of Fell-Running and Obsession

... although not a competitive runner, getting into the hills and just running through whatever the weather throws at me is my addiction. Covered in mud, soaked to the skin and grinning like an idiot

The Bible
    The Tao of Jeet Kune Do
    Primal Body, Primal Mind

The Book of Five Rings is sitting in my bag waiting for me to crack it open, but I'm almost done with PBPM and I don't want to have four going at once.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    And now I'm also reading CONVICT CONDITIONING. So far, it's utterly fascinating.

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    One of my biggest complaints is that there is seemingly never enough time to read. But I do try to keep two in rotation at all times, usually one fiction, one non-fiction. After a brief tear on Murakami, I'm reading House of Leaves, but will likely return to Murakami for The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle as my next fiction read.
    Bill Bryson's The Mother Tongue is the NF in rotation. Not sure what's next: have to peel through the stacks.
    'The Wind Up Bird Chronicle' amongst my all time geatest reads. I also have 'The Mother Tongue' waiting on the shelf amidst dozens of books I want to read. Second hand book shops are an addiction. I'm reading 'In Service of Clouds' by Delia Falconer, it's surprisingly touching. And started yesterday Gary Taubes 'Why we get fat and what to do about it'.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast