Thread: 30 day challenge! page

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

30 day challenge!

Shop Now
    I am doing this to re-focus on what's important. Clean eating, feeling good and not stressing about macro-nutrients, calorie counting, the scale, or anything else that's sabotaging my mental/physical health.

Feel free to join me with your own personal 30 day challenge, whether it's getting re-aligned with primal foods, meeting a specific work out goal, cutting out a cheat food that's creeping into your everyday. I'm sure everyone has something that's needs some focus.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

So yesterday went really well for me.

Lunch was wicked baked lemon shrimp. Sooooo tasty and easy. Also a cucumber mandarin salad.

Dinner was leftover steak, as steak fajita salad. DELICIOUS!!! Also, a handful of dried cherries.
    -John Lennon

Again, posting for yesterday! ha ha, gotta catch up, but always too busy to get computer time!!!

Yesterday rocked.
    Lunch was Chicken caesar salad. Cooked the chicken breasts in bacon fat (yum), and made my rockin' caesar dressing. Love that REAL caesar dressing is oh so primal.

Dinner was pretty non exsistant, because I was still full from my giant bowl of salad. Had a few peices of cold meat, a slice of cheese a square of dark chocolate and called it a night. Tons of movement in the form of chasing groklings and moving furniture.

TODAY was a treat! Didn't have lunch as we were on the road, had a few strips of hubby's beef jerky and that was enough. Dinner was a sashimi feast at our favorite sushi restaurant. My groklings are in love with sashimi, and gobbled up almost as much salmon, surf clam, red snapper, tuna and butterfish as I did! lol Hiked in the badlands and worked up quite the appetite for that feast!
    -John Lennon

CaveCanem is offline Member
    I am participating in the whole 30 for June thread. Thirty day chunks seem so much more doable than The Rest Of All Time. Here is what I had today

B. coffee and 2-3 slices bacon. I try to fast till lunch, because it makes me feel better, but some mornings I want bacon!

Lunch. Steak and veggie stir fry.

Snack. Two tablespoons of the best mayo I ever made.

Dinner 8 chicken wing sections and a bunch of green veggies, plus strawberries and coffee

Bedtime snack, a few more strawberries, a teaspoon of the ghee I made this morning and another teaspoon of the mayo I made.

I usually eat more than this, but was pretty busy all day and had a 3 hour rehearsal tonight.

Your goals look similiar to mine. After years of low carb yo-yoing I am learning to quit worrying and enjoy my food.

Hi CaveCanem! I agree, 30 days is a great chunk of time that doesn't make me feel all crazy! lol

Today was super delicious wonderful. Scarfed bbq pork and short ribs at the asian market, as well as 4 huge thick slices of salmon sashimi. I think I could eat raw salmon every day for the rest of my life. lol (But I'd be poor, so poor.)

For dinner I brined and roasted skin on bone in chicken thighs, and served it with cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, cut up carrots, and raw fennel, dipped in this wicked avocado dressing I made. Basically threw two avocadoes into the food processor with lots of lime juice, some salt, garlic, and chipotle tabasco. Then thinned it to a salad dressing consistancy with a bit of water. IT TASTES AMAZING!!! I had it on a the steak fajita salad a few days ago, and made more tonight for dipping veg in.
    -John Lennon

Primal-JoJo is offline Senior Member
    How very timely! You could say I'm on a bit of a 30 day challenge myself - trying to be as primal as possible at my parents' house and really keep up with my workouts. I've got a really great primal flow when I live on my own - but it's a lot harder when surrounded by CW food. Gotta keep up that beach body for when I go camping in mid July - so that's about a 30 day chunk of being extra vigilant - I agree - it def keeps me sane to think about it as a month of discipline, even though it'll go on after that time as well.

Pinup - dairy is def my final weakness - hope to cut it out for September (since now is too hard). Good luck - let me know if you want some dairy-free recipe ideas. I've got 4 weeks worth as I've planned out my meals for September (yeah, I'm a nerd like that).
    Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
    My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
    Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

Welcom Pinup! I need to keep away from the dairy too, but milk is so yummy!!! lol And cheese, well... a life without cheese just isn't worth living!

Primal Jo-Jo, I too am staying at my parents house, and it's WAY harder, which is part of why I started this challenge!

So my days have been going well, very primal. Today I snacked on a few too many dried cherries (tsk tsk) but other than that I great day. Walked lots too.

I'm trying to drink more water, as I've been really dehydrated lately. Not sure what's up with that, it's like I have a total body disconnect when it comes to H2O...
    -John Lennon

Wow, soooooooooooo busy! The challenge is going well, so I'm going to refine it starting next week. I really want to focus on more veg, I feel like I'm becoming quite the meatatarian. (Nothin' wrong with meat, I just feel I need some more variety and veg in my everyday diet.)
    -John Lennon

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I'm decreasing stress by getting work off my plate (delegation) which actually has created more work in the immediate, but should pay off in August, September, and February.

So, i'll work on staying organized, keeping to my daily tasks, and trying to reduce stress and workload through delegation.