Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would Grok have felt sleepy after Eating? page

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member

Would Grok have felt sleepy after Eating?

Primal Fuel
    Hiii Ladies and Gents,

Does anyone else experience that they feel extremely sleepy immediately after a meal? Is there an evolutionary explanation?

Just ate lunch.... mutton biryani, and feel really sleepy and curious....

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Not sure about Grok, but I used to feel sleepy after meals. Haven't experienced that since going primal, though, so I'm guessing it was the wheat and nasty oils that were taking a toll on me.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    I used to feel VERY sleepy after meals, but after primal meals, I feel energized! (A very pleasant change!!!)

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    I used to feel VERY sleepy after meals, but after primal meals, I feel energized! (A very pleasant change!!!)
    This holds for me as well. I still get sleepy if I eat a super high carb meal, but overall I am impacted less.

If you buy in to the idea that humans mostly ate one very large meal a day in the evening - it does make sense that having a bunch of sleepy, contented people lazing around the fire would make for a more peaceful community
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

thanks for the reply guys! I am guessing it was the rice I ate. I could have easily taken a nap right after. smh

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawyerchick12 View Post
    thanks for the reply guys! I am guessing it was the rice I ate. I could have easily taken a nap right after. smh
    You could always test that theory and eat rice another time and see if you get the same reaction. If so, then the decision is yours... Should it stay or should it go? Great, now I have The Clash song in my head....

Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    You could always test that theory and eat rice another time and see if you get the same reaction. If so, then the decision is yours... Should it stay or should it go? Great, now I have The Clash song in my head....
    lol, well rice will stay regardless, LOVE it too much but I will try it again for lunch before I relegate it strictly to dinner menu if it makes me sleepy.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Portion size makes a big difference. You get sleepy/fatigued because overstretching your stomach puts pressure on the vagus nerve (parasympathetic "rest and digest" system). So if you overeat, you will feel quite tired.

mike_h is offline Senior Member
    Yep, big lunch will knock me out, especially with a lot of protein I think.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawyerchick12 View Post
    Hiii Ladies and Gents,

Does anyone else experience that they feel extremely sleepy immediately after a meal? Is there an evolutionary explanation?

Just ate lunch.... mutton biryani, and feel really sleepy and curious....
    The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D. » ABC’s big meal propaganda
    As you may have noticed, the total carb content of the meal is 745 grams, which converts during digestion to a little over three cups (3.1 cups to be exact) of sugar. The ABC report, of course, failed to mention the carb content of the meal and ignored any immediate effect this huge intake of carb might cause. One of the reporters, Jon, claimed that he was ‘sluggish’ and ‘tired’; the implication being that this sluggishness resulted from his huge saturated fat intake. No mention, naturally, of the enormous amount of carbohydrate and the large increase in insulin release it might cause. From what I can see from the video, Jon looks to be sporting a little abdominal obesity, which would imply a degree of insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemia. People with this disorder tend to over secrete insulin in response to carb intake causing an overshoot and reactive hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), which will indeed result in sluggishness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast