Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chest/shoulders never tired after workout page

Gadsie is offline Senior Member

Chest/shoulders never tired after workout

Shop Now
    Unlike my legs, which are tired for like 20 hours after working out, my chest or shoulders never feel tired from the OP's and bench presses. Not even 10 seconds after working out. I really go to the limit though. Because of this it feels like I didn't really work those muscles..
    Is it normal that they don't feel tired and are they still worked?
    Billie trips balls

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    are you going to failure? what rep range are you working at? what exercises are you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    are you going to failure? what rep range are you working at? what exercises are you doing?
    I'm doing SS. So 3x5, sometimes this results in failure, sometimes it doesn't
    I guess you're familiar with SS?

Workout A
    Squats
    BP
    DL

Workout B
    Squats
    OP
    DL
    Billie trips balls

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    if the weight is increasing, you know you're doing something right, and your chest and shoulders don't necessarily need to feel tired. but, if you want come away from a workout feeling beat, throw in some plyo pushups, pull ups and handstand work. you'll feel all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I'm doing SS. So 3x5, sometimes this results in failure, sometimes it doesn't
    I guess you're familiar with SS?

Workout A
    Squats
    BP
    DL

Workout B
    Squats
    OP
    DL
    i don't know what to tell you buddy... if you are OP and BP for 3 sets of 5 reps, and hitting failure on each set, then you should be exhausted by the end of a workout. there really isn't a good reason why you shouldn't be exhausted. that's the idea of going to failure. so are you saying you could do a 4th set of 5 reps? have you actually tried? maybe you're more exhausted than you think

i don't know what to tell you buddy... if you are OP and BP for 3 sets of 5 reps, and hitting failure on each set, then you should be exhausted by the end of a workout. there really isn't a good reason why you shouldn't be exhausted. that's the idea of going to failure. so are you saying you could do a 4th set of 5 reps? have you actually tried? maybe you're more exhausted than you think
    No I can't do a 4th set, unless the weight was too low of course. For example today, I did 3 sets, but could only manage 5, 4, and 3 reps. But afterwards it feels like nothing happened to my chest, although I couldn't bench press any more.
    Billie trips balls

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    No I can't do a 4th set, unless the weight was too low of course. For example today, I did 3 sets, but could only manage 5, 4, and 3 reps. But afterwards it feels like nothing happened to my chest, although I couldn't bench press any more.
    sounds like you're lifting heavy enough. go home and eat a steak. do you ever feel sore? i mean, i would imagine that a novice lifter would feel some degree of DOMS. i've been lifting for 20 years and i still get sore all the time.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    sounds like you're lifting heavy enough. go home and eat a steak. do you ever feel sore? i mean, i would imagine that a novice lifter would feel some degree of DOMS. i've been lifting for 20 years and i still get sore all the time.
    I wish I had these problems. Damn kids don't get tired or sore. Get off my lawn, Gadsie.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I wish I had these problems. Damn kids don't get tired or sore. Get off my lawn, Gadsie.
    seriously...wtf? i can barely move whenever i do 3x5 and 5x5 programs as my main type of exercise.

seriously...wtf? i can barely move whenever i do 3x5 and 5x5 programs as my main type of exercise.
    I kind of which that applied to me too. I would feel so much more "acomplished" but I almost never get sore. I only got sore the first 2 times I did SS. My legs are pretty much dead for the rest of the day though
    Billie trips balls

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast