Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: confused (as usual) page

ilovedogs is offline Senior Member

confused (as usual)

Primal Fuel
    Basically I need to lose around two stone in weight. I have stopped eating grains from last Tuesday and have been tracking my calories on an internet site. The site recomends 1200 per day for steady weight loss. Is it possible to lose weight if I eat under on some days but over on one? I ask this because I weighed the other day and had lost nearly 5lb but then went out for a meal on Saturday, had monk fish with salad and some pots, but did drink a bottle of wine and had a dessert. I weighed today and put on 3lb. My diet is usually just under the 1200cals a day. I eat mostly fish and salads, I have been staying away from pots and fruit just while I am trying to lose weight.Also I am quite weak as I have fibromyalgia, half a thyroid (taking supplements) and not used to excersise.

icz
    icz is offline Member
    Oh, goodness. I'd stop tracking calories for a couple of weeks, and eat primal foods. It doesn't sound like you've educated yourself about what people are doing here, and are basically calorie restricting without grains.

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    calorie restricting and removing grains will deffiantely lose you weight. but may not be sustainable for long periods of time.

Yeah try to understand primal in more detail. Your body operates in the long run, not day by day. Its the lifestyle habits which shape you. over eating on one day doesnt make you gain weight. if it did it would be abit of water retention. Its a stupid paradigm that most people live by. Stop tracking everything each day. Weigh yourself once a week at most. Or better still ditch the scales and measure occasionally. Dont try to predict weekly drops, or link various meals to slight changes in weight. Get in this for the long game and you will win.
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

ICZ I think I have educated myself - I have been reading this blog for ages and do understand what is going on with the primal eating and lifestyle. I only eat whole foods, all processed foods are gone and so is sugar. I dropped the grains after reading how bad they are for you and that they did not exsist in Peolo times. I am not restricing calories I am just tracking what I eat, if I eat 3000 in a day it does not matter to me but it is interesting to see how much less calories I consume but eat much bigger portions because of the veg and fish and salads. Yes I am going easy on spuds and fruit but I did read on this forum that this is the way a kick start of weight loss is the goal as well as health. I have just put up a pull up bar and will be doing the progression rout to a full pull up this also applies to push ups and squats. I feel better in myself already but was just enquiring as to why weight would fluctuate so much over a few days. BTW - Thank you rockstareddy for your help.

[QUOTE=Sihana;855288]ilovedogs, I would suggest you create a new thread (with better formatting & spacing), with fibromyalgia and thyroid in the title.

So now I get told how to write properly! good god all I wanted was some advice on weight loss. The reason I mentioned my FM and thyroid was to explain why excersise is difficult at the moment.

Chasintrail is offline Senior Member
    Quick answer, resturant food is generally loaded with salt and will make you retain water. Wine (strangely enough) can have the same effect on me even though alcahol is generaly a diuretic.

Weight loss will not be linear and traceable to one thing. I kept track of macros and calories and activity etc for months one time. The only correlation I could find was to my menstural cycle. So, don't know if you're female, but that will effect your weight also.

So, short answer: Yes, restricting calories may help, but it's probably the overall trend and not what you do on a daily basis that counts.

If you like spreadsheets and charts have fun with it. Otherwise, eat real food when you're hungry, don't eat when you're not, and pay more attention to a tight pair of jeans than the scale.

mom5booklover is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=ilovedogs;855310]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    ilovedogs, I would suggest you create a new thread (with better formatting & spacing), with fibromyalgia and thyroid in the title.

So now I get told how to write properly! good god all I wanted was some advice on weight loss. The reason I mentioned my FM and thyroid was to explain why excersise is difficult at the moment.
    ilovedogs, I get the same think when I drink wine. I believe it is only the wine since otherwise my weight is fairly predictable. When I drink over 2 glasses I will put on a few pounds overnight.

I do want, listen to and except advice, but I do not like being told that I cannot write, that has nothing do with anything, what if I was dislexic and my spelling was bad would you mention that too because you could not understand a word? Like I said the fibro is a matter of not being able to excersise and I only mentioned it in case someone asked why I was weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    Your FM and Thyroid matters on weight loss. That is why I told you to post it. I also told you to write better, because the first thing that should be apparent is that you have OTHER problems interfering with your weight loss. I had to search for it, and it was the last sentence.

If you want help, don't criticize those trying to help you best. I could just let you go on and follow advice from semi-healthy to healthy individuals, that would most likely damage your body even more. If you do not want advice, then don't post and just search for yourself.

Thank you I have cut righht back on wine but that night was a special occasion.

[QUOTE=mom5booklover;855333]
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedogs View Post

ilovedogs, I get the same think when I drink wine. I believe it is only the wine since otherwise my weight is fairly predictable. When I drink over 2 glasses I will put on a few pounds overnight.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    She wasn't saying you couldn't write. She simply said that your thread title should include a reference to the Fibro and Tyroid issues to draw others with those conditions to provide advice pertaining to those conditions. It was an innocent suggestion (from my point of view).

I agree that weight can fluctuate by as much as 5 lbs in one day simply because of water retention. Restaurant food is notorious for sodium content and will affect your weight regardless of your calorie consumption. Even if you consume exactly 1200 calories a day, if one day includes restaurant food, most likely you'll see a gain the next day.

That being said, if the weekly average is 1200, it won't matter if you eat 1200 one day and 1500 the next day. that's called calorie cycling and many people do it in the CW world. We here probably do it naturally without thinking about it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast