Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Water for Fat Loss, Muscle Recovery, and Increased Metabolism Thread page 32

homunculus is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Damn I haven't done CT for months now and I'm terrified to start it up again. I used to actually enjoy it but it took time getting used to it.
    “There is immeasurably more left inside than what comes out in words…”
    — Fyodor Dostoevsky

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    not a shower for certain.

A full immersion could help reduce inflammation and speed recovery of an acute pinch.. a chronic pinch no
    Thanks. I will be doing a shower for ease of egressing. My new tub is much better for getting out, but is still a struggle.

You are looking good quelson. CT seems to agree with you a lot. About how many pounds have you lost?
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

otzi Guest
    Study in mice discovers injection of heat-generating cells reduces belly fat

Here is an interesting article released today. Ohio State University scientists have injected Brown Adipose Tissue (BAT) into the visceral fat of mice. What they found was the BAT converted nearby white fat into BAT which caused the mice to burn through the stores of white fat like crazy. They are trying to develop a BAT injection technique to cure human obesity.

It's easy to disregard using cold for health benefits, but there is a lot of activity out there by people who want to get rich off of BAT and cold thermogenesis.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    very interesting. Thanks for sharing!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Study in mice discovers injection of heat-generating cells reduces belly fat

Here is an interesting article released today. Ohio State University scientists have injected Brown Adipose Tissue (BAT) into the visceral fat of mice. What they found was the BAT converted nearby white fat into BAT which caused the mice to burn through the stores of white fat like crazy. They are trying to develop a BAT injection technique to cure human obesity.

It's easy to disregard using cold for health benefits, but there is a lot of activity out there by people who want to get rich off of BAT and cold thermogenesis.
    I have been out there beating the drum about CT and people look at me like I have three eyes. And these are people who knew me bofore I lost weight and ask me how I did it. Maybe they will believe a doctor when he tries to sell them or their insurance company a CT procedure, one they could do at home.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Why take a cold bath if you could pay $135 for a shot instead?

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Why take a cold bath if you could pay $135 for a shot instead?
    Partly because $135 is hard for seniors to come by, but by the same token, cold baths are difficult for people with mobility problems. Cold showers would scare me into a heart attack, most likely, but face dunks and ice packs are possible. A little CT is better than none. I'd probably need a dozen shots to annoy my white fat enough to leave. Heheh

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    A dozen shots- even better.
    It reminds me of the video showing a scientist explaining his investigation into a low-carb diet for epilepsy treatment. At the end, he says in all seriousness when the interviewer asks him if he recommends this diet to epileptics, (paraphrase) "Oh, no. We don't want anyone to use the diet. We want to make a pill that produces the effects."
    I couldn't decide whether to cry or laugh.
    Unless someone can make money off it, it seems it is not worth it. How sad.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Okay, so why is it... I have been noticing that after I remove an ice pack from my back, shoulder blade area, that even though the skin is cool to the touch, (actually I dont think it is cool to the touch anymore) that just sitting here I have a warm sensation in that area (shoulder blade area). I am sitting here with the ceiling fan on and slightly chilled elsewhere, but in that area it feels like I have a heating pad on. I figure it has something to do with over stimulation of some sort, but it feels pretty good. Like a great big warm & fuzzy.
    Ok, another observation. I have been busy doing this and that, mostly in my kitchen, like squats to unload dishwasher, etc. and I just sat down here at my puter to take a little break, and that area between my shoulder blades, that I cold pack at night, is warm. A warm sensation. Really warm. No other area is warm. Weird, huh?
    Last edited by gopintos; 09-06-2012 at 05:54 AM.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    Thanks. I will be doing a shower for ease of egressing. My new tub is much better for getting out, but is still a struggle.

You are looking good quelsen. CT seems to agree with you a lot. About how many pounds have you lost?
    unfortunately that is extremely difficult to quantify, assuming you are asking as a result of CT directly.

I can say that I have reduced 60 pounds since june 14 2012. however CT is only part of that equation.

I can say that CT helps. it helps reduce inflammation, forces apoptosis, and changes cellular density for the better, it flushes estrogen out of the body and increases muscle strength.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast