Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Water for Fat Loss, Muscle Recovery, and Increased Metabolism Thread page 23

something4me is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamous View Post
    I thought of recommending the ice and bath tub method to a relative this weekend at a family gathering but remembering our tiny tub and considering his crippled condition I recommended this cryotherapy facility near to him instead.
    Cryotherapy Treatment - U.S. Cryotherapy
    I wish this place was near me. My tub isn't that deep and I would love to try it.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I play music on portable speakers that I bring into the bathroom. I usually stay in the shower for about 3-4 songs (which is about 10-15 minutes). Sometimes I dance around a little...
    Unfortunately, I can't do it about 4 am, with my whole family sleeping. I guess I can try to recite poetry. But, gods, it's gotta be the most boring thing in the world, having a cold shower.

Meditation is any way of integrating into full consciousness the truth of all of the elements of any kind of mental misery. There is an irony to a cold shower in that there is absolutely no possible way to be injured by the coldest of cold water and yet upon contact your mind is instantly filled with a misery and a desperate desire to escape the cold water.
    No, it doesn't feel that bad, it just boring and I want to get on with my day in the morning and got to sleep at night.
    Last edited by Leida; 06-29-2012 at 07:59 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    You can at 4 am, try head phones.....
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

I can't see how under the shower? Even if the headphones will be okay with getting wet, the CD player won't take to the water kindly? We only have one of those big CD-radio things.

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    No, it doesn't feel that bad, it just boring and I want to get on with my day in the morning and got to sleep at night.
    I cleaned my shower/tub/tiles while IN the cold shower this morning, before the usual shower routine ... it's an idea

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    I can't see how under the shower? Even if the headphones will be okay with getting wet, the CD player won't take to the water kindly? We only have one of those big CD-radio things.
    My bad, did not see the shower part..... I listen to music in the tub with the head phones on or read my Kindle. In the shower, I just let my mind wander. Showering is much easier if you do your shower part with lukewarm water, and then start turning it down bit by bit, each time your part gets used to it, turn it down more. Going all the way cold in the shower is insane. I think the big difference between shower and tub, in the tub, there is the chance for heat transference from your body to the water and the water actually warms up right next to your skin, in the shower, with the water constantly moving, no chance of the water warming up a bit....
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Jamous is offline Junior Member
    Interstate 80 between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe in California.
    Unfortunately, I can't do it about 4 am, with my whole family sleeping. I guess I can try to recite poetry. But, gods, it's gotta be the most boring thing in the world, having a cold shower.

Your attention can be focused critically upon any mental state such as 'boring,' 'annoying,' or 'can't wait for this to be over.' What is the nature of the annoyance and where is it's 'victim' located. If you learn to use and *force* this inquiry every moment of your life can become useful and interesting.

. . . just sayin'

Try some blue blocker lenses an hour or so before sunset. After a few days it may help with the sleep. Mine cost about 5 dollars. You don't need costly ones. I can read from and use my computer screen right up to when I want to go to bed. That and the cold exposure have me sleeping much more deeply than before I started. I sleep without waking all night. I used to wake with various discomforts having to do probably with systemic inflammation. That is all gone. It left almost immediately. The difficulty you experience getting this routine off the ground is probably going to pay off for you big time. Don't stop because of small difficulties or doubts.
    Last edited by Jamous; 06-29-2012 at 09:32 AM.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamous View Post
    Your attention can be focused critically upon any mental state such as 'boring,' 'annoying,' or 'can't wait for this to be over.' What is the nature of the annoyance and where is it's 'victim' located. If you learn to use and *force* this inquiry every moment of your life can become useful and interesting.
    Yal my last couple of baths, I just couldn't get into it and couldnt wait to get out. I didnt really give it a chance. However I have been spot icing though. I dont mind that so much. Although it was much colder on my upper legs last night, than my tummy. I am guessing cuz my tummy has more fat.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    At 4AM your family is probably in the deepest part of their sleep. You could try sealing an ipod in a series of plastic bags. The only trick would be to keep it from the direct flow of water. Taping the bags with the player in it to the wall may help.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

I don't own an ipod.

I will try to sing to myself all the songs I can remember from my teen years. That is my usual way of passing time when waiting.

Try some blue blocker lenses an hour or so before sunset. After a few days it may help with the sleep. Mine cost about 5 dollars. You don't need costly ones. I can read from and use my computer screen right up to when I want to go to bed. That and the cold exposure have me sleeping much more deeply than before I started.
    Yes, I am trying to use cold showers to improve my sleep after reading the 4 hour body. I wanted to also experiment with different lights, as described in this book. It's good to hear that someone has success with it. In the summer I go to bed well before the sunset, but I am pretty sure that it doesn't matter for blue light exposure. Need to put it on the list for when we'll travel in States this summer. Doubt they have stuff like that in Canada.

Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast