Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Water for Fat Loss, Muscle Recovery, and Increased Metabolism Thread page 14

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic View Post
    Anyone else get this sluggish feeling?
    Well, I do it in the evenings, after supper, after some fat, and then I am in bed within a few hours. So maybe Oh, I just realized, I havent slept quite as well the last few nights, and I havent had my CT bath the past few nights. Co-inky dink maybe. I can't think of anything else at the moment.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Jamous is offline Junior Member
    Interstate 80 between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe in California.
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Style - In the end, the tweaks that really made a difference were IF and cold. These are two tweaks I was able to incorporate into my life and found them to be very easy, natural even.
    I have had the same experience with IF and cold. I have not been using water for the cold, however. The predawn air here is quite cool all year so that my two 20 inch high velocity fans give me quite a chill in 45 minutes. Sometimes I come in and warm my hands up at length in the cold tap water. It's an interesting cognitive dissonance for me. I started doing this on a lark at the beginning of May and now I am hooked on it. I have suffered for a few years with a slight benign prostate enlargment which causes the occasional sudden urge to urinate at inconvenient times and got me up several times per night to pee. This problem completely dissapeared in just a few weeks. Also I don't remember ever sleeping so deeply or so long.

Style -
    I have noticed that once people find their groove, they get off these forums and just live a normal life.
    I registered here just to thank you for these threads on cold therapy that you put up here and on the Kruse forum.
    I have learned a lot from them and I even use oil pulling on my teeth now! Thank you.
    Last edited by Jamous; 06-13-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Well, I do it in the evenings, after supper, after some fat, and then I am in bed within a few hours. So maybe Oh, I just realized, I havent slept quite as well the last few nights, and I havent had my CT bath the past few nights. Co-inky dink maybe. I can't think of anything else at the moment.
    ahh, perhaps I will try it in the evening next time and stick to the showers in the morning. Thanks

I've heard about this from other sources (millions of Swedes can't be wrong) and I'm going to give it a try. Cold showers at first and see how it feels.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamous View Post
    I registered here just to thank you for these threads on cold therapy that you put up here and on the Kruse forum.
    I have learned a lot from them and I even use oil pulling on my teeth now! Thank you.
    Thanks! That means a lot. On oil pulling, I think it goes perfectly with CT. Two cheap, easy, and effective health measures with mega impact.

On oil pulling....

otzi Guest
    Oil pulling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting. That is sort of what I do with my coffee (BP coffee) Ok, not really. I am not a spitter. I am a swallower I guess. I swallow my coffee with oil, and always on an empty stomach.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Interesting. That is sort of what I do with my coffee (BP coffee) Ok, not really. I am not a spitter. I am a swallower I guess. I swallow my coffee with oil, and always on an empty stomach.
    Spitters are quitters, I am told.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

yogashmoga is offline Junior Member
    i think i jumped in to CT too quickly. i stepped back from baths to face baths...which continued to give me hormonal responses and the brainfreeze headaches. i'm trying to focus on balancing my omega ratios and stepped back, yet again, to a few minutes of cool showers at the end of my warm showers and ice packs. i'm tolerating this approach well and notice that i don't enjoy my usual (somewhat scalding) morning shower. the water gets cooler and cooler by preference. so that's cool. shot out of the canon way too quickly there in the beginning. a slower approach to cooler living feels great! i'd love to get to icy tub soaks eventually. listening to my body...riding the wave.

please continue to post your experiences. i've really gained a lot from these CT threads.
    this wounded bear is gonna find ALL the answers...health, reveal thyself!!

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast