Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So I cheated for the first time since I started and I didn't die page

primalswan is offline Senior Member

So I cheated for the first time since I started and I didn't die

Primal Fuel
    Was on a girls weekend away and doing great. Ate tons of sashimi and seafood, stuck to a small amount of wine, eggs for breakfast. Well my hungover girlfriends wanted to just hit up California Pizza Kitchen for a quick bite before a concert. I had planned to order a salad, but the Pear and gargonzola pizza sounded amazing. I had not intentionally cheated even once since I started this in early March because I was convinced my gut would collapse into a contorted mess. I ate the whole thing. And waited, and waited, and waited. No ill effects. Came home from girls weekend convinced it caused me to gain 5 lbs. Nope.

What did happen? I haven't craved carbs in 2 months. The last 2 days have been a bit of a battle. I eased my craving with 1/2 a sweet potato yesterday and hopefully today will be better! Our side of beef is being delivered today and a week ago I would be salivating at the though of the rib eye I am going to eat tonight, but not so much today. It really does set you back a bit and I realized how hard it must be to stick with this if you are a frequent cheater. It is like starting over again with the cravings!

I sure enjoyed that pizza though!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Dammit, carbs themselves are not an issue!! It is natural and good to crave carbohydrates!
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Darz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycakes View Post
    Dammit, carbs themselves are not an issue!! It is natural and good to crave carbohydrates!
    +1

lssanjose is offline Senior Member

+1.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lssanjose View Post
    +1.
    +8

primalswan is offline Senior Member
    I don't eat very low carb or anything. Probably around 75-100 a day on rest days, 125 or so on workout days. I eat sweet potatoes regularly, fruit daily. etc. I guess craving "bread, pasta, donuts, etc" would have been a better choice of words. I wasn't missing those things or wanting them at all. But now I am having passing thoughts of them again. Sorry for my poor choice of words.

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalswan View Post
    I don't eat very low carb or anything. Probably around 75-100 a day on rest days, 125 or so on workout days. I eat sweet potatoes regularly, fruit daily. etc. I guess craving "bread, pasta, donuts, etc" would have been a better choice of words. I wasn't missing those things or wanting them at all. But now I am having passing thoughts of them again. Sorry for my poor choice of words.
    Don't worry, I understood for you mean't. And yes the occasional "cheat" or backsliding into non primal carbs might not be too detrimental on its own, but it can definitely leave residual effects that would make it more challenging to be primal....as you found out.

wehey is offline Member
    Dont stress over the carbs. I love em and they do you no harm. In fact i feel so much better balanced since upping them

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    +1

Occasional high quality non primal foods aren't going to undo everything you've achieved so far. Compared to a slurpee and a bag of Doritos, your pizza was a superb choice.

Ps. Read my sig line.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I've found that my "slides" back to wheat are becoming fewer and farther between and the last one was a cupcake that tasted like a sponge. But early on wheat cheats led to increased wheat cravings.

It's a process.... most people are going to have mess ups and for me, I find that the "bad" things are becoming less appealing. Definitely back in December baked goods tasted great.... then in March a cupcake was OK.... and the last baked good consumed in May was spit outable nasty. So probably the next time the pizza will be meh... and then before you know it the pizza will be gross and you'll just want a pear and gorgonzola salad with chicken.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast