Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So I cheated for the first time since I started and I didn't die page 2

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It's been scientifically shown that if you eat over 150G of CHOs in a day then you will get fat. See the attached diagram.

Primal_Blueprint_Carbohydrate_Curve.jpg

p.s. not serious

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StackingPlates View Post
    It's been scientifically shown that if you eat over 150G of CHOs in a day then you will get fat. See the attached diagram.

p.s. not serious
    lol! i love you mark sisson, but please... ditch the woo science. low carb works for so many people, because they eat fewer calories. not because some magic number of carbs leads to insidious weight gain.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    LOL too!

I will consider eating <150 g carb a day if I ever become confined to a wheelchair.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    I posted this the other day about my 'cheat' a month or so ago. I'll just copy/paste.

"I had a pretty interesting experience about a month back. Since I lost my original 25kg I've hovered up and down in between 9% to 15% body fat over the last 12 months which actually takes me a fair bit of effort and diligence. I had also been experimenting with weekly refeeds a little as well.

Anyway, a month ago my uncle asked me to help him out in his bakery for a few days so I worked with him for 5 days and I thought "stuff it, i'll just eat whatever to make the most of a shitty job/situation". I had also remembered reading something about how if you really want to restore leptin, even a full day worth of refeeding/overfeeding probably wouldn't do the job and you won't get the same result with protein and fat, it had to be a real pig out over a few days and it has to be carb heavy. Perfect opportunity.
    I tried to keep it mainly low fat but I wasn't obsessive, so for 5 days in a row I pigged out on cereal for breakfast, mushroom rolls, date scones, berry scones, chicken and beef sandwiches, pizzas with limited cheese but tonnes of bbq sauce, finger buns, raisin muffins with jam etc. I was probably averaging around 3500 - 4000 calories at about 70% carbs. I usually eat around 1800 - 2200.
    I was still making myself a primal meal of steak and vegetable for dinner to add at least some sort of dietary balance.

I felt pretty cruddy doing it ( psychological because I thought I was destroying my health goals and making myself fat but at the same time it was pretty damn enjoyable) and by the end of the 5 days I was a little bloated and had visibly put on a little abdomen fat. Over the next few weeks I went back to my standard low/moderate carb primal diet and I shed the weight effortlessly, not only that but my sleep has improved, my appetite regulated, I have more energy, I wake up easily in the mornings and I just feel better overall without the afternoon slump. Sometimes I'm even awake at 5am wishing it was 7am already so my day would begin, something I haven't felt in years. I think it was something my body really needed.

I'm not really recommending it to anyone as I'm sure it could backfire on a lot people (especially celiacs or the gluten intolerant lol). But I do think some people could do with a bit of a break if they've been steadily trying to maintain a certain BF% and it has down regulated thyroid function and BMR, which it obviously had done for me. It's something I'm probably going to repeat it every 6 months or so but I'll be a bit more sensible with it next time around using more foods like rice, rice bubbles, potatoes, sourdough bread, skim milk and maybe even some scones, jam and cereal for old times sake."

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I employ a rule of never eating two non-primal meals in a row. The occasional non-primal meal is normal and healthy. So just make sure it does not spiral and you're fine
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

primalswan is offline Senior Member
    My grass few rib eye set me back on track. How I ever thought bread + butter was the best part of a steak meal is beyond me!

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I never ate pizza regularly till 2008, am off it indefinitely. Just really not good for you. Sorry- in a few weeks it will pass though I've read the gluten stays active for longer than that. Hope you feel better.

NobleSavage is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycakes View Post
    Dammit, carbs themselves are not an issue!! It is natural and good to crave carbohydrates!
    If for nothing else than to add to the hipocrisy of the 'yes i agree with you but refuse to state why' group.

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NobleSavage View Post
    If for nothing else than to add to the hipocrisy of the 'yes i agree with you but refuse to state why' group.
    lol

NobleSavage is offline Member
    I wont let this digress into a carb war. But dont listen too much to the 'Carbs-are-good-because-i-can-tolerate-them-and-so-you-should-eat-lots-too!" Contrary to their belief, you're not a liar or an acolyte of bad science if you have had good success with low-carb diets or believe in the rationale behind it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast