Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nice interview with Robb Wolf...such an honorable, intelligent guy IMO page

Moochy is offline Senior Member

Nice interview with Robb Wolf...such an honorable, intelligent guy IMO

Shop Now
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food.” Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

patrickh is offline Member
    I believe I met the guy doing the interview at a Crossfit box about a month ago.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    He confuses quantum mechanics with relativity, but that's okay. Great interview. Thanks for posting.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I really want to like the guy, and I do respect his intellect and knowledge, but I asked a question 2 months ago - relevant and timely. Still haven't heard anything. It was something that was serious and in the news at the time, not really covered in any of his podcasts, and I even used some humor, but I guess I'm just not one of the cool kids.

I get a little bored with 27 different answers about squatting form instead. Seriously, a dozen or so was plenty.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

peril is offline Senior Member
    i bought the paleo solution and felt ripped off. Too much "I'm a biochemist so I know" and too little content. Also loathe his style. Pass
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    i bought the paleo solution and felt ripped off. Too much "I'm a biochemist so I know" and too little content. Also loathe his style. Pass
    Elaborate please. Are you saying he gets too sciency in the book, or not enough? I was hoping for the former.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    I cringed every time I read the word "fanny." UGGGGH.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Elaborate please. Are you saying he gets too sciency in the book, or not enough? I was hoping for the former.
    Not enough
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Elaborate please.
    I like Robb, and I think anyone has to respect his obviously genuine desire to help people, but I bet I can guess what that poster meant.

If you listen to the podcast, you find that his speaking style is absolutely crammed with redundant words and phrases. He piles them around what he's saying. "All that jive" and so on. My guess is it's a way of trying to make what he says sound more informal. The parent to your post accuses him of thinking "I'm a biochemist so I know". In contrast I'd have to wonder if he feels sensitive about having that knowledge and tries to soften the expression of it by hiding it under the slangy terms. But maybe that's not it. I don't know.

Sometimes I catch myself thinking, "Just say what you mean in direct, plain English, Robb." Maybe he's said "Some conference gig" instead of "a conference". But if he wants to speak like that, why not? Perhaps some listeners like that. It's a long time since I read the book, but I think some of that informality comes through in the writing, and there's also a pretty heavy dose of facetiousness. Doubtless that grates with some; but, again, why not? Perhaps more people like it than not.

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Well not everyone likes everyone do they? Personally, I like Robb Wolf a lot and laugh at a lot of his commentary in an amused way...but that's just me. Most people hold Robb Wolf in very high regard...but not all and that's ones choice. Durian*rider does like Robb Wolf for example,lol.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food.” Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast