Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nice interview with Robb Wolf...such an honorable, intelligent guy IMO page 2

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    i bought the paleo solution and felt ripped off. Too much "I'm a biochemist so I know" and too little content. Also loathe his style. Pass
    I get it. His writing style comes across as condescending and smartass know-it-all. Like the message, loathe the delivery. Couldn't finish the book.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfRound View Post
    I cringed every time I read the word "fanny." UGGGGH.
    Lol'd "fanny" is a ladies front bottom in the UK so I cringe EVERYTIME I read it!
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

babo91 is offline Junior Member
    I really like Robb Wolf. The Paleo solution has a lot of science in it and he explains stuff well but in an informal way. His podcasts are also very laid back.

His biochemistry knowlege may be not as good as Mat Lalonde but he is very science based.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Robb Wolf. The extra B is for BYOBB.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    I looked at Robb Wolf's website and do not see an explanation for why he is anti-dairy. Also, he seems to be anti-saturated fat, at least much more so than the folks here. Seems like a couple pretty strong differences between RW Paleo And Mark's PB. Am I missing something?

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    I looked at Robb Wolf's website and do not see an explanation for why he is anti-dairy. Also, he seems to be anti-saturated fat, at least much more so than the folks here. Seems like a couple pretty strong differences between RW Paleo And Mark's PB. Am I missing something?
    Yep. He's not anti saturated fat at all and he's not as pro dairy as Mark, but it's still in a gray zone to him.

The best thing about Robb Wolf (and the reason he's famous) is not his book or his website, it's his podcast. He gets the science and he's got practical experience training other people and training himself. He also has a very flexible approach to paleo and won't hesitate to change his mind when he sees good evidence (i.e. he's not dogmatic). Plus, he looks like he's a lot of fun in real life and he seems to be a real decent human being.

If you don't know much about him and don't know where to begin, just watch this: Blast From the Past

It's a talk he did at SUNY New Paltz and it's ridiculously good. He explains the logic behind paleo in a superb manner for uninitiated people.

Robb has changed his stance on a few things due to mat lalondes influence. Robb was originally anti saturated fat due to loren cordain but mat has since pointed out that there is no scientific evidence to back up cordains claims. As far as dairy goes, Robb no longer has a problem with the fermented kind

Quote Originally Posted by Winterbike View Post
    If you don't know much about him and don't know where to begin, just watch this: Blast From the Past

It's a talk he did at SUNY New Paltz and it's ridiculously good. He explains the logic behind paleo in a superb manner for uninitiated people.
    Thank-you! I thoroughly enjoyed Robb's talk.

PS. Does anyone know Robb's current position on fresh peas and green beans? Mark says they are ok on his blog but Robb seemed to be strongly anti-legume.

PS. Does anyone know Robb's current position on fresh peas and green beans? Mark says they are ok on his blog but Robb seemed to be strongly anti-legume.
    Legumes are less problematic than grains but are still far from optimal nutrition. There are better things to eat for sure

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast