Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just another "tell me why I'm not losing weight" thread page 3

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by primal pete View Post
    I see all these lengthy replies but the answer to your question is simple:

You're not losing weight because the calories you are consuming are equal to or exceeding the amount you burn.

This thread, as are many others similar to it, is chalked full of overly complicated responses that don't even address this fundamental fact in a specific way. If you wish to improve your body composition by losing body fat, you need to establish a daily calorie deficit which you body compensates with by using it's own fat stores.
    This. End thread.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    CICO has HUGE assumptions that do not hold as valid under certain conditions of disorder.

Thyroid regulates glucose control at the cellular level. CICO assumes this mechanism can never disrupted.

Insulin regulates glucose storage again at a cellular level, CICO assumes that we have an ability to sump an infinite amount of glucose into our metabolic engine, even Mark recognizes that is bullshit, necessitating his limit on carbs based on the upper limit for the human organism

when a person reaches a certain level of obesity ( i use 30 pounds over as a general rule of thumb) the equations change. in simple terms the fatter you are the less diet has an impact on your ability to reduce. the system begins to feed on itself and it takes serious intervention and exercise ISNT that intervention.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    when a person reaches a certain level of obesity ( i use 30 pounds over as a general rule of thumb) the equations change. in simple terms the fatter you are the less diet has an impact on your ability to reduce. the system begins to feed on itself and it takes serious intervention and exercise ISNT that intervention.
    Yes, as "The Biggest Loser" shows time and time again...oh wait.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Don't worry, PP. For 99% of people quelsen's prescription is completely un-doable at best.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by StackingPlates View Post
    Yes, as "The Biggest Loser" shows time and time again...oh wait.
    uhm... i guess you dont keep up

game shows are not reality and this one is the worst

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Don't worry, PP. For 92% of people quelsen's prescription is completely un-needed ....
    Yup i completely agree.

Most people can shut their cakehole and do well.

some cant

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    uhm... i guess you dont keep up

game shows are not reality and this one is the worst
    You just said that when someone becomes 30 pounds overweight then diet and exercise "isn't that intervention". Ironically enough, severe caloric deficits + extreme exercise = high levels of weight loss. This would indicate to me that your theory is inaccurate, no?

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    You just said that when someone becomes 30 pounds overweight then diet and exercise "isn't that intervention". Ironically enough, severe caloric deficits + extreme exercise = high levels of weight loss.
    It works great for a while.... then your metabolism goes kaput, you get an injury from exercise and you've basically starved all the nutrients out of your system so you go back to eating like crap.

I been there/done that.... not sure what more exercise I could have done- Insanity plus a 3-5 mile run plus riding my horse plus eating around 1200-1400 calories a day and did not see any difference in my size or weight. Now I do very little exercise and skip wheat and grains, eat around the same calorie level and the weight is slowly coming off. For certain my CICO is at a much smaller deficit these days.

Most of us are probably somewhere between CICO working like a charm and Quelson's routine.

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    It works great for a while.... then your metabolism goes kaput, you get an injury from exercise and you've basically starved all the nutrients out of your system so you go back to eating like crap.
    No, not exactly, however your BMRs will adjust in relation with your new weight so if you don't adjust your intake then you will regain and/or plateau. Many folks don't realize this fact which contributes to weight gain when exercise stops and diet isn't properly adjusted..

Quote Originally Posted by StackingPlates View Post
    You just said that when someone becomes 30 pounds overweight then diet and exercise "isn't that intervention". Ironically enough, severe caloric deficits + extreme exercise = high levels of weight loss. This would indicate to me that your theory is inaccurate, no?
    what i did not say was that exercise should be avoided or ignored. i did say and stand by the statement that for some diet and exercise alone will NEVER fix the problem as they are not the reason for the problem in the first place.

SSRI's are dangerous shit, they can totally shut down the brains ability to account for calories. that starts a cascade that MAY not be able to be recovered.

if your car is misfiring change the sparkplugs. if it just isnt running at all check the tank for gas, you may be out. OR your battery might be dead OR your engine might be frozen solid.

if you think the human engine is more simplistic than a car engine then i hope for your sake nothing ever breaks

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast