Thread: Hello All page

Mirwalk is offline Junior Member

Hello All

Hi this is Mirwalk, How are all of you doing?
    Been trying to become fully primal for about 60 days I think. Reduced the amount I eat and have been getting better energy then I remember having in a long time. I have only lost 10 pounds or so in the time I have been on the diet. I struggle with going on binges during the weekends. Ice cream, cookies, pizza, whatever.

I work as a tech support person in a call center. Probably one of the worst long term health environments short of a coal mine. Sitting all day, everyone brings snacks and soda... Ugh, I have had to stop bringing any cash with me to work or it goes into the vending machine. Get home mentally wiped and find it hard to push myself into a workout routine. Been trying to move my workouts to the morning so I do it before I get to work.

Besides the binges, is there an issue with too much fruit? I eat a lot of meat, but not as big on vegetables as I should be. Usually get 1 to 2 pieces of fruit a day. Usually apples or bananas. Should I be cutting back?

I also have been trying to wait till I am hungry to eat. Usually at work if I am hungry then lunch is about 1/2 cup of almonds. Is this too much to be having on a regular basis?

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome. For me it would be very hard to stick to primal with that job. Congratulations on doing as well as you are.

One or two apples or bananas/day should be fine. More veg would be good, although you don't have to eat a ton.

I think 1/2 cup of almonds should be ok, especially if that's the only nuts you normally eat.

Good luck with primal.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial