Thread: Primal Journal (tattooedmohler) Redux page

tattooedmohler is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal (tattooedmohler) Redux

So I have decided to start a new journal mostly because the spelling error in my last one was driving me crazy. Also the new journal is because I am taking a new approach in my primal life. I am not looking at scales or really weighing myself just going off how I feel. To start with I did the 21 day challenge and had pretty good results. I lost 15.5 pounds in that time. I then went about half way back to how I used to eat and started to feel much more sluggish and less energized. Then I got a new job at a military academy and moved onto the campus. This brought a new problem because I had no way to cook in the provided apartment. I have been able to get myself a toaster oven as well as an electric burner. I would say the number one thing that brought me down after the 21 day challenge was that I still looked at it like a diet. This time my mindset is more on how I feel great I know I am slimming down and I have started to pay a lot more attention to what I am actually eating. I am really just learning to cook so most of my meals are pretty simple. Usually some type of meat and more fresh veggies than meat. This has worked well so far and I am sure I will try new thing as soon as I can in my limited kitchen. One thing that has change is I no longer have the goal to join the national guard. I have decided it is more important to go back to school and finish my degree. My goals now are to continue to enjoy learning to cook as well as understanding the effects of what I am eating, Still would like to get under 200lbs but really just want to get to a slimmer healthier look. To play more and get my friends to get out more and do the same. I am sure there will be more to come to mind just not right now

So I decided it was time for a little update. I went ahead and weighed myself and am around 231. This is not bad when I was looking at some logs and in the last year I have lost about 20 pounds. Most of this has been in the last 5 months or so but it is still nice to see some results as I have really started to pay more attention to my health. I know I still have a long ways to go but that does not bother me as I am in this for the long haul. I am still working out a few areas to the primal diet side but am expecting to have most of that worked out in the next couple of weeks. I have a couple new goals. First is pretty simple now that I can no longer hide my double chin with my beard it is time for the double chin to go. Secondly I need to start adding heavy lifting into my workouts.

So the biggest part that I am now focusing on is getting into a better workout routine. Last night I tried the ubran primalist workout at the end of the shovel glove 201 page. I have to say although I was not able to complete the entire thing it still felt great and even though I am feeling it a little today I can't wait to have another go at it tomorrow!

So not much to add on insights but got an awesome compliment from a guy at church today. He looks at me and goes I feel like you are shrinking a little more every time I see you. This kind of made me laugh because I have really not been paying attention to any weight loss or anything like that. I just know I continually feel good. Now that I feel like I am getting the workout side figured out I am excited to see what will come.

Had a fun little victory the other day. My buddies and I were goofing around with some foam swords and one of the guys who is a skinner guy in the military ran out of breath long before I did and took longer to recover from it as well. On the other side due to total lack of funds I had to eat more in the mess hall at work. This made me feel terrible and so glad that most the time I can cook my own meals. Then it made me feel bad for these military school cadets and what there nutrition actually looked like.