Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally admitting defeat... page

PookDo is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Recently I made the mistake of cunsuming grains and processed food and paid for it dearly with some of the worst stomach aches I have ever had.I am finally admitting that I am unable to eat any other way than primal

Tara is offline Senior Member

I realized this this weekend as well! I couldn't believe how terribly grains made me feel! Hurray for primal! and congratulations!

GRAINS ARE GOOD FOR US

HEART HEALTHY WHOLE GRAINS

MANY STUDIES SAY SO

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member

Amazing what a short time it takes to rebalance.

No doubt one could eventually shift back, but why would one want to? The cravings, aches and pains, weight gain, swollen feet -- who wants it?

Sister Grok Guest

It's a tragic, delicious reality, isn't it?

I accidentally ate a bunch of (not raw)cheese last night while avoiding the worse things my friend was wolfing down. I'm definitely bloated today as a result..

At least we're not allegic to meat! Oh wait, I've never heard of anyone being allergic to meat, wonder why..

Tara is offline Senior Member

I'm just amazed that I ate grains for so long and didn't realize what they were doing to me! I mean, now the bloating and stomach aches are definitely NOT something I am able to ignore! Is it worse because I have cut them out? Or was it like this all along?

PookDo is offline Senior Member

Tara: don't feel bad.I couldn't figure why I couldn't lose weight and always got gut wrenching stomach aches.After reading the basics on the site I knew why.At first I didn't want to admit it but I know better now

LX
    LX is offline Senior Member

Heh, I'm not generally an emotional eater, but yesterday I got some news that was really, really bad. I kind of said "screw it" and intended to binge on pizza, cookies, and ice cream.

I took three bites of pizza, decided it was gross and threw it out. I had a bite of ice cream and it was too aggressively sweet to be enjoyable. So I skipped straight to the cookies. Took one bite of a cookie and threw the rest in the trash. And my stomach still felt like poo when I went to bed.

I won't pretend to be a saint though. Today I got a large order of fries and binged on those. But tomorrow I'm back on the straight and narrow.

Iceskater is offline Junior Member

Lx- I went through the same thing yesterday. Was insanely upset, sugar-binged on fruit nuts, and chocolate, and took out the oreo ice cream from the freezer. By the time it softened, I took a spoonful and put it back- unsatisfying and sickeningly sweet.

I've havent been able to lose weight on VLC (frustrated after eliminating dairy, nuts, fruit), so I tried a brief experiment with low-cal/fat (I know, shameful). I was unbearably hungry, depressed, and prone to binging. Went back to high-fat again today and feel great. I won't lose fait in pb again..*hangs head in shame*.

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member

Iceskater -- head should be raised in triumph.

You figured it out, and you will be less and less prone to these urges.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast