Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finally admitting defeat... page 3

FDgreen is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

"The next day I felt like I'd been hit with a train. I couldn't breathe properly, my muscles and bones ached, I had such bad fluid retention that I couldn't see my ankle bones.. and I had terrible nausea."

-- this is from eating a chocolate easter egg?!?

Again, it is far from my place to try and define what "normal" reactions to foods are, but this seems pretty severe. I agree that eating candy is generally not a good thing, but I don't think this represents a normal response to sugar.

If this was my reaction to sugar/grains, I might be as dogmatic as some of the other posters on this site. Luckilly it is not.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

I had a Jawsome (more than just awesome, people...) Jamaican cajun burger with spinach and mushrooms at a local diner. I ate the bun and ordered curly fries. Didn't finish my curly fries but I damn sho' ate all of the burger, it was delicious.

Point being: bun didn't start any sh*t, we cool, we cool.

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

MightyMite is offline Member

Anaphylactic shock from walnuts = bad reaction.

Biohazard-level aftermath from lactose intolerance = bad reaction.

For me it's more like the difference between having your hand set on fire (walnuts, lactose) vs. getting a bad sunburn over 4 days (gluten grains, sugar).

Griff is offline Senior Member

A single bite of cake on my wedding anniversary brought back the arthritis within a half hour, and it stayed for almost three days. NEVER AGAIN.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

one_eye_mike Guest

I can eat rice with no ill consequences but any other high carb food causes me no end of stomach issues. This was the case long before I was into primal. I haven't been eating high carb foods for years due to stomach issues caused from bread, pastas, potatoes, etc.

sbhar is offline Junior Member

I can eat almost unlimited amounts of bread, pasta, rice etc. with no ill effects after, but choose not to. I guess I've evolved But I cannot handle excessively sweet foods.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123