Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally admitting defeat... page 2

bootson is offline Senior Member

I have had that this weekend as well. Ate primally, then ate apple cake - nearly died. 'Learned my lesson', then ate primally today, ate fries- wanted to die.

It is a vicious circle for me... bad eating has been such a huge part of my life that is very difficult to stop. I can do it though, and am going to have to suck up my lameness and start eating meat other than poultry and fish in order to get the full way into this way of life.

I don't know what I would do without this forum - every time I screw up, I come back here and realize what I'm doing to myself... And have the motivation to keep going. Thanks guys

teamommy is offline Member

I discovered today just how sugar sensitive I am. We were at my in-laws. You can guess how that went. I managed to escape just about everything but a bowl of berries sprinkled with sugar. Yup.

I have issues with inflammation in my sinuses. Now I know the cause, sugar. I suspected as much but now I know for certain. I am congested and miserable with a sinus headache now. I think I need to have a little chat with my allergist about my unexplained allergy to everything and yet nothing at all. I am one of those freaks of nature who shows no allergies on tests but lives with chronic sinus inflammation. I don't need steroids I need a primal diet!

I also have some wicked bloat.

LOVE YOU SUGAR!!!!

grandma is offline Member

defeat? sounds like victory to me.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Iceskater is offline Junior Member

bootson- yes, it can be done! Ive also had a bad habit of stress>eat> feel worse>eat. It is hard, but one day at a time!

darienx19 is offline Senior Member

I had been 100% allllll week last week, then decided on saturday to say "what the hell, why not?" and just go crazy at a mediterranean place for lunch. I ordered all kinds of unprobouncable (but VERY tasty) foods and ended up paying for it for the rest of the day... was all cranky and bloated and stomach hurty and tired. Lots of rice in things, puff pastry items, and some bulgar in one of the salads. Will totally go back, just going to order carefully next time. =)

emmcubed Guest

I walked through a mall food court yesterday. In the past, the smell of fresh pretzels always called out to me. After 8 months primal? The smell was REPULSIVE. It was almost like a gag reflex, and my body, while I was unaware of it when I was eating the old way, seemed to be doing the work for me. It seemed as if my stomach has been totally reprogrammed to reject that kind of thing. I felt nauseous and walked faster so I could get out of "the cloud".

Mission accomplished. Won't ever go back.

FDgreen is offline Member

I am convinced that many of the people here who follow the Primal Diet are more sensative to gluten than the rest of the population.

Don't get me wrong, I think Primal is a healthy way to eat, but all of these "reactions" to carbs have NEVER happened to me.

In short, I think PBers are more sensitive to gluten than the average population, and that is part of the reason they like the lifestyle so much...

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member

I had really bad PMS on Friday and started to get terrible sugar cravings, so I gave in and sent my husband out to get me an Easter egg.. The next day I felt like I'd been hit with a train. I couldn't breathe properly, my muscles and bones ached, I had such bad fluid retention that I couldn't see my ankle bones.. and I had terrible nausea. I spent the next day in my pjs. Never again!

Brewtality Guest

I had a small piece of cake last night. It was so sweet, I really didn't enjoy it. However, I suffered no I'll effects.

Was carb hungry from a very active day, and stranded at my parents house an hour from grocery stores because of a delayed flight. I really wanted a sweet potato. The cake was not as good as a baked sweet potato.

MightyMite is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

It takes about 4 days of gluten and sugar for me to start noticing the return of the "arthritis" in my hands (stiff and achy). From about day two, however, my appetite accelerates like a runaway Prius.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast