Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anything better than Fitday? page 3

Primal Fuel

Murat. My friend still sells "Isagenix" products. I love their products, but too spendy for me right now.

Anyway, here's her website: http://weightlossbycleansing.com/

Since I no longer distribute their products, she'd be more apt to help you out.

Just call or fill out the form at the bottom of her site (you can skip the intro flash video) and she'll get in touch with you.

Just mention the nutrition tracking CD/ software and she'll be able to answer any of your questions. I got mine a long time ago, but it's pretty darn awesome.

Krist Guest

My wife and I use myfitnesspal.com as well. Great site!

murat Guest

Thanks a lot Sassa!

I will contact her to get information about the soft.

Best regards,

Murat

Jedi is offline Member

I use dietpower, but it is not free, but i like the product a lot.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

I just looked at dailyburn, not for me. Try this search for any food database: chicken fat. Try it like that or within quotation marks. The old Boolean search of using quotes seems to be history on most searches, including Google. Anyway, back to dailyburn. Not only does it actually remove the quotation marks, like Fitday, it just pulls up any product with both words in it. In Boolean, that is supposed to require an AND command. Then, to make matters worse, they only list ten items per page. What? The majority of Americans seriously using computers aren't on broadband?

Another problem with it and a couple of others I looked at was the lack of reports. Fitday is excellent in that regard.

If FD had a decent food database, it would win first prize. What an achilles heel. Yes, SassaFrass, we do the same thing. I have dozens of custom foods that shouldn't be.

murat Guest

Jedi, how do you handle French food in DietPower, I must introduce a lot of recipes. Even if the names look like similar sometime, American way of cooking seems quite different, since if I introduce the recipe in my way, I find quite a discrepancy between the original recipe and mine. Also, sometime it is difficult to know what is behind the names...

I have suggested them to develop a possibility of sharing recipes between users, like in Big Oven. They were not against it... Otherwise, DietPower is indeed very usable and smart.

Elana Guest

I realize this is an old topic, but nobody mentioned my favorite: http://caloriecount.about.com/

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Thanks for posting this! I, too, have become frustrated with Fitday.

FWIW, I just checked out both Daily Plate and My Fitness Pal.

I didn't like Daily Plate because it was ad-cluttered, a bit confusing to navigate, and (worst of all) I had to click something like 4 times to add a single food!

My Fitness Pal did become my pal. I found its format cleaner and really liked the option to "save this meal" for food combos I prepare often. This way, I don't have to enter the individual ingredients every time.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Like you, BarbeyGirl, I tried the Daily Plate, signed up, spend about ten minutes with them, that was that. Like you said, it was too much work to add things you use all of the time.

Elana Guest

Caloriecount.about.com also has an option to "tag" items. I'm not very familiar with the others you all mentioned, but what I like about Calorie Count is that I can also enter all the info for a food that isn't in their database and tag it for future use. For instance, I have one for a whole scoop of the whey that I use, and another tag for a half scoop.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123