Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anything better than Fitday? page 2

Kate Guest

Shop Now

I use http://figwee.com/#. (Food&Exercise log. I've signed up ages ago, back then it was free).

It has a huge food database, with ounces and gram measurements.

Most importantly, it shows you a picture of the food, which changes according to the weight you choose (by moving a slider). that saves you a lot of time because you don't have to measure/weigh your food.

murat Guest

I wanted something which is not online, so I can use it even if I am not connected. So, I have bought DietPower. This is a very efficient soft but its food catalog is really tailored for the US citizens and I must introduce many foods manually. Also, it is initially conceived for US measure system (but they are including the metric system and you can use it for logging food and activities). Moreover, it does not export at all the data and it has only some graphical analysis capabilities, very limited indeed. It is not free either. But it is quite powerful otherwise and has a large database (larger than FigWee after some small experiments with this, following Kate's advice. I am continuing my tests and maybe will ask for the Money-back guarantee if I do not get used to it.

I have not been able to discover any good European food based system or website yet. If you know any, I would be happy to experiment it.

Murat

SullynNH Guest

I use http://www.myfitnesspal.com They have an extensive database, I used to use FitDay but had the same issues

Too funny to see this thread pop up because I was JUST going to switch over to 'The Daily Plate'.

In regards to FitDay.com, I also hate the crappy database and search results.

I tend to go to NutritionData.com for entering in my recipes and then I have to 'create a custom food' into FitDay.com (AAAAACCCCK!!!) and THEN, if I want to find a commercial food, I google search and it ALWAYS comes up in 'DailyPlate'!

So now, I'm thinking, I should save a step and just move to 'The Daily Plate' and abandon FitDay.

BTW - I have wonderful software that I purchased for only $20 that is better than all of these (my home PC is busted and it's just easier right now to use the internet), but, for those of you who are interested, I have a sales rep who will be more than happy to sell it to you (be aware, I was a sales rep at the time of purchase, so the amount is probably higher due to inflation and it being 'retail' instead of at my membership price).

Let me know if you want her name and I can direct her to you.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Has anyone tried www.sparkpeople.com ?

They have a great Nutritional Tracker that has a very extensive food database. What's even more great is that whatever one can not find in the database, they can manually enter and it will be added to a "user entered recipe" for everyone else to use. For example, if I went out to a chain retsuarant and couldn't find the meal I eate in Nutritional Tracker database, I can try pulling it from someone else's entry without having to manually enter all the variables.

It aslo gives you a nice break-down of carb/fat/protein and any other kind of variable you wich to track (trans fats, sat fats, vitamin D, etc).

Did I mention it's free?

I've been tracking my food on that web-site for the past 6 months and once I heard of FitDay, I thought I would check it out. There's no comparisson!

Ok, I kind of like the layout of SparkPeople better.

I signed up for that as well and will use it instead of FitDay & The Daily Plate.

Thanks!

Strike that. The Daily Plate has WAY more foods in its database.

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member

Oh this is great timing! I was going to look for something better than FitDay soon. I made a top round roast over the weekend & couldn't find anything close to the correct cut in their database.

Thanks for all the tips! )

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

murat Guest

Hi SassaFrass, can you tell me more about the software you have mentioned?

Murat

source99 is offline Junior Member

I have been using www.dailyburn.com for about 2 months now. I have been quite happy with the free version. Database is prettybig and easy to search. It also has a weight tracker and calories, fat, protein, carbs counter for each day. Site is quick and easy to change portion size. My only issue is I think it's based on the east coast and if I enter a food at 11 pm and click "today" it shows up under tomorrow.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast