Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calories & Macros... page

paul_b is offline Member

Calories & Macros...

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone,

I am really new with the primal stuff and have started off by reading the 21 day challenge. So being new and looking to start living primally as soon as possible I was curious should I be aiming for a specific calorie range with counting macros? How much protein,cards, fat should I consume?

I am 33 years old, male
    6"0
    233 lbs

Thanks so much,

Paul

JVAMan is offline Member
    By no means am I an expert...but I really recommend focus on eating the *right* foods in general and not worrying about numbers (unless you have a really specific health problem or something like that). I think some people can just end up giving themselves extra stress from all that. By eliminating most of the bad stuff, it'll come about right at the end of the day. If you think about it, "grok" would have had NOOO idea how many macros he was eating each day.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Hard to say. Are you looking to maintain weight, lose weight, build muscle? Need more info to asses.

paul_b is offline Member
    Thanks for the response everyone. Yeah I guess a goal would be more helpful..lol
    Sorry about that, big goal is to lose fat and weight. Very limited to exercising right now to discuss issues in my back but I am allowed to walk.

Walk for at LEAST an hour each day, probably more. If it's raining outside just walk around your house/apartment in circles.

Stick to low carb if you want to lose fat and all you're doing is walking. Stick to about 1,900 - 2,000 cals a day. No fast rule about how many carbs you should be consuming, but less is more when it comes to fat loss.

Protein and fat are whatever you want as long as you stick to the calorie goal. I'd go 1 gram of protein per pound just to keep my muscle mass up, but I don't think you really need to worry about that at this point. You won't lose much, if anything, if you're only walking and still eating well.

paul_b is offline Member
    Thanks this very helpful

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    This lays out the plan fairly well The Primal Blueprint Diagrams | Mark's Daily Apple

paul_b is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    This lays out the plan fairly well The Primal Blueprint Diagrams | Mark's Daily Apple
    Thanks for the link,

paul_b is offline Member
    So me I am looking at 2000 calories, 225 grams protein, 50 grams carbs and 100 grams of fat..

Protein 225grams (900 calories).
    Carbs 50grams (200 calories).
    Fat. 100grams (900 calories).

Obviously just rough estimates but just something to get me started. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Paul

You could potentially get the carbs a bit lower at first just to get used to being fat adapted and then bring it back UP to the fifty gram level after a week or two. In leu of that, there's also the IF option of course, which helps one to fat adapt. You have the 16-8 lean gains type deal, or you could do kind what I do almost daily now, fast - five which is 19-20 hours fasting, eat the bulk of your calories over the next five hours. Again, nothing is required here, fasting is purely optional. But it could potentially help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast