Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Support Lierre Keith, buy her book "The Vegetarian Myth" page

Acmebike is offline Member

Primal Fuel

In support, in light of the recent attack on Lierre Keith, I'll be buying some extra copies of her book "The Vegetarian Myth" to give away and loan out to get the information in greater circulation. I suggest you do the same.

Oh, and get some "Primal Blueprint" out there, too!

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member

What attack?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I've been meaning to read it. If I can eek out some extra money this week, I'd love to buy it.

Sister Grok Guest

Some vegans (cayenne)pied her when she was speaking out against factory farming, sounds like they need some b-12!

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/201...4/18640886.php

shastagirl Guest

i bought her book a couple of days ago. that pie in the face response was deplorable, and the time she was speaking about cruelty to animals and factory farming methods.

i equate it to an atheist speaking out at a fair full of religious zealots. at least she didn't get a bullet (which i wouldnt put it past those psychotic vegans to do that either. i guess human life is less important to them).

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member

I've bought three copies of Lierre's magnificent book, and sent them to friends and relatives, as well as describing it and highly recommending it every chance I get.

I've also sent Taubes' book and Mark's book to people along with Lierre's. The three make an incredible combination.

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member

I loved the book, but I did have to forgive a little pettiness on her part to do so.

You'll find a-holes and extremists in every group of people. The irony is that her explanation of the "vegan police" phenomena being due tryptophan deficiency gives a pretty good biochemical explanation for the a-holism.

Like I said, I have issues with some of the things in the book, but I still think it's fantastic, and everyone should read it.

THAT IS SOOOOO FUNNY!

FairyRae2 Guest

Horrifying. I'm just shocked. Totally blown away.

Seriously, I 100% believe that this is what lacking good fats does to people's brains...

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member

We've seen a horrible example today of what low fat eating does to people's brains.

When I read what Lierre said about soy, and remembered what I went through when I tried to be macrobiotic for about three or four months, I just said, Oh, My, God. She was right on the money! And it would only have gotten worse if I had tried harder for longer to use tofu as a protein source.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast