Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't feed the trolls please page

Moochy is offline Senior Member

Don't feed the trolls please

Primal Fuel
    There have been quite a few posts lately like, vegan ice cream, have you seen the China study, etc.

I look at these and other similar post subjects and my eyebrows raise. I am thinking what the hell? Have these people even read Mark's book or Robb Wolf? Have they read ANYTHING paleo/primal? I then look at the poster join date and it is usually the day of the post.

My thought on this is the vegan menace has turned to a new tactic to confuse the forum folks who are looking for real paleo info. "Those who are opposed" to paleo/primal used to come in here and directly confront the paleo/primal folks. (I am thinking of 30banana boy the asshole in particular) I think they have decided to change tactics and ask silly questions under the guise of a "new to this idea, but I still like my crap" newbie. When posting responses to this kind of stuff, stop and ask yourself if you are being played as a fool.

Here is an example on a post I started. mrbunnyman commented on a post I made with a interview done by Dr McDougall. An anthropologist advovating primarily a plant food based diet. mrbunnyman joined that day to post the pro vegan info and since that post has disappeared.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread56274.html
    Last edited by Moochy; 06-04-2012 at 06:24 PM.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Why can't we entertain dissenting opinions here?
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    vegan ice cream? Are you serious?
    Last edited by Moochy; 06-04-2012 at 06:28 PM.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    I don't know what vegan pancakes are made of, exactly, but seeing as paleo pancakes are perfectly vegan, I don't see the problem : 3 Ingredient Paleo Pancakes (+ Breakfast Ideas) – Hip2Save

cmlloyd Guest
    I personally think vegans would taste great in a 3 egg mock pancake, you might have to cook it longer, but that's MO. *runs and hides* (lmao the whole way)

*whispers = eggs are not vegan*
    Last edited by cmlloyd; 06-04-2012 at 06:33 PM. Reason: eggs are not vegan...

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I mostly agree, but part of me thinks... maybe they'll start out trying to make us look like morons and then there's a slight chance they'll actually get it, like understand that what we're saying makes sense, despite coming here for the wrong reasons.

But then again, I've been told I'm a bit too optimistic, and I never have backed down from a (verbal) fight, even when it would have been the better choice.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

cmlloyd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    I happen to enjoy vegan cheesecake every once in a while. D: Got to take the bones away though.

Are you a troll?
    *giggles*

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moochy View Post
    Moochy, so you've changed it to "vegan ICE CREAM, are you serious? from vegan PANCAKES, are you serious?" Seriously?
    This vegan coconut milk ice cream is paleo compliant, except that you'd replace agave with a lower GI sweetener: Vegan recipe: Coconut Milk Ice Cream - Philly.com
    I think you need to give up on the idea that vegan and paleo/primal are polar opposites. Some of them may be at war with us, but we certainly don't have to be at war with them. Mark Sisson's son is vegetarian, and his wife is pescetarian.

cmlloyd Guest
    This recipe is actually a very VEGAN recipe - I went vegan for 6 months no animal bi-product allowed in anything - vegetarians are categorized differently.
    I get your point though

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    Moochy, so you've changed it to "vegan ICE CREAM, are you serious? from vegan PANCAKES, are you serious?" Seriously?
    This vegan coconut milk ice cream is paleo compliant, except that you'd replace agave with a lower GI sweetener: Vegan recipe: Coconut Milk Ice Cream - Philly.com
    I think you need to give up on the idea that vegan and paleo/primal are polar opposites. Some of them may be at war with us, but we certainly don't have to be at war with them. Mark Sisson's son is vegetarian, and his wife is pescetarian.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Moochy View Post
    That's not the point. Someone could post a thread about frozen human excrement on a stick. Let them. They will be proven wrong or ignored. Or maybe, just maybe, we who are so smart will learn something new.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast