Thread: Hi! page

meghzilla is offline Junior Member

Talking Hi!

Shop Now
    I figured I should formally introduce myself; I've been lurking on the forums for about a month now and browsing through the blog for longer.

I'm still not sure how I found this site. I think it had something to do with a recipe, but I honestly cant remember. It is a good thing I did find it though. I know everyone says this, but this lifestyle really hit home for me. I've been lactose intolerant my whole life, and I'm now recognizing signals that could point to a gluten sensitivity. Pasta was never a food I liked; I ate it as a kid because my parents made it and in college because it's cheap. Bread always went moldy or stale before I finished a loaf. In fact, my only real challenges in the gluten/starch department have been snackish foods like crackers, popcorn, or chips ( I have a BIG addiction to chex mix). Even then I think its more the salt and spice content of those foods that I crave.

Like many others I tried the CW diet and failed miserably. Literally, I was miserable most of the time I tried to hit the "healthy" ranges that Spark People told me to. Years before I found this site, I would look at the 200g RDA of carbs that health trackers told me to hit and think " how the f--- can anyone eat that many carbs?" (I had no trouble maxing out on fat and protein though!)

So, to make a long post short, I hope that I can continue with this lifestyle and I look forward to chatting with all you cool cave people in the forums!

June68 is online now Senior Member
    Hi fellow newb.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome and good luck :-)))
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.