Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another diet overview to join all the rest! page

silas is offline Member

Another diet overview to join all the rest!

Primal Fuel
    Here is the daily food log break down ppl and you can add to this 50g carbs from frozen vegie mix.

Omega 3 eggs x6 each 300mg3 total 420cal 27fat 36pro

20oz skinless chicken breast 550cal fat- 115pro

3/4cup eggwhite 95cal 19pro

1 Avocado average 5oz, 227cal 12carb 20fat

Coconutoil ,organic, extra virgin, 2tbsp 260 cal 28fat

Fishoil,liquid 2 teaspoons 80cal 9fat EPA-1572 DHA-1048, PUFA-4g, Mono-2g, Sat-3g

Coconutmilk(canned) 1/2 cup 140cal 14fat

That is it in a nutshell folks.

To this I do add diff foods,steaks on weekends,pan seared hogjowls (to use the fat for cooking) Collard greens ex. Some times more calories other times less.

So my question is this does this seemed balanced enough? type of fat ratios,protein, ex.

Thanks much.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Why do people insist on the skinless chicken breast? There can be no greater abomination to the deliciousness that is chicken. And why is your diet so heavy on supplements and partial foods rather than whole foods (egg whites, fish oil, skinless chicken, coconut oil)? And where are the vegetables? It's summer! Forget frozen and get some real vegetables, including some starchy roots and tubers.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

silas is offline Member
    I prefer the breast as to the greasy nastiness of the skin.
    I prefer the fish oil as toxins have been removed but I do it salmon on occasion most fish to me is really gross(allergic to all shellfish so those are out)
    The oil? gotta have something to cook in sometimes and i like the flavor.
    Eggwhites are easy to add to my eggs when i scramble them(eat yolks raw) for extra protein while maintaining the ratio of fat vs protein.
    As far as vegies I do eat summer vegies,snap bean,squash and i eat sweet potatoes just not often.
    I also do eat organ meats.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    put the yolks back in your eggs....and eat fattier meat.

silas is offline Member
    I eat the 6 yolks and not that I am not taking your advice to heart,why would I need fattier meat? I am A country boy and ate wild meat all my life and all of it is lean not to say I am not trying to eat fat I am. More fat calories than protein or carb calories but in the end does it matter if the meat had fat? even if the end result of the day was I had greater fat calories than protein and carbs combined?

If so can I ask why? cause I am interested in knowing why one would be greater than the other.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Fat is the great satiater. As Mark has said, in the game of losing, fat actually aids the majority of people by making them feel fuller, quicker, longer. Not to mention all of the wonderful hormonal benefits to be reaped from a high fat diet and the amazing feeling of eating such a diet with ZERO guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by silas View Post
    I eat the 6 yolks and not that I am not taking your advice to heart,why would I need fattier meat? I am A country boy and ate wild meat all my life and all of it is lean not to say I am not trying to eat fat I am. More fat calories than protein or carb calories but in the end does it matter if the meat had fat? even if the end result of the day was I had greater fat calories than protein and carbs combined?

If so can I ask why? cause I am interested in knowing why one would be greater than the other.
    Missed your egg yolks on the first read. Thats great....The fattier meat was just a quick point....I saw egg whites and skinless chicken breast and kinda jumped to the conclusion that you were avoiding the good stuff. My fault. In general though fatty bone in cuts of meat are the best for you. When slow cooked you get all the goodies of bone broth released along with an optimal ration of protein/fat content, and don't need to cook in any extra fat to get it.
    Even a slow roasted WHOLE chicken that you then skin and only eat the chicken breast beats the tar out of just chicken breast on about all points.

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    Looks like a decent plan. Are you getting good results? What is your goal - fitness, weight/fat loss? Here's what I typically eat. IF until around noon then eat a 4 egg scramble which Kale, onion, red bell peppers, broccoli cooked in 1 tbsp. of coconut oil with a whole medium Avocado on the side. Mid afternoon might have a can sardines. Dinner meat, poultry or fish with a bid salad and a cooked vegetable (alternate with broccoli, cauliflower, yams, brussel sprouts). Treats are a glass of red wine and dark chocolate. Also have fruit a couple of times a week. Started eating like this on March 4 2012 and weighed 213 lbs. Currently weigh 176 - a weight loss of 37 lbs in 90 days.

You can follow my diary in Facebook:

Paleo Journey - Diary of my experience eating the Paleo Diet | Facebook

silas is offline Member
    Thanks all for the replies.

Plan is to drop BF and add muscle would be great.

The diet I outlined I just started so results are not in. This is the first time the fat content is as high as it is in a attempt to become fat burning.

Total calories are around 1892 and above. I figure low enough to cause a fatloss.

I battled fat my whole life and have done the whole ketosis thing for months @ a time and my body holds onto fat for all it is worth. I have worked out like crazy ,cardio u name it and got leaner but lost muscle and or when I didnt just felt tired all the time. So far eating plaeo(been doin that for a while) best thing for feeling good and kettlebells been the best way for me to add strength.

Oh to answer you inquire of sorts Neckhammer I love beef with bones and chicken if done on the grill so it's crispy,something bout poultry fat makes me nauseated? I use pork neckbones often for soup with kale<<yum.

Do you all think this is enough fat in the diet? I am right now 5'10 184<<bloated and 16% bf at least.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    [QUOTE=silas;854437]
    Oh to answer you inquire of sorts Neckhammer I love beef with bones and chicken if done on the grill so it's crispy,something bout poultry fat makes me nauseated? I use pork neckbones often for soup with kale<<yum.

Sounds pretty good to me. And it sounds like your not really all that overweight at all. That makes it hard to lean out. Long as your not trimming fat, and your cooking with the good kinds then your usually in good shape. Like I said i missed some stuff in your original post.

Couple of heavy lift days a week and a lot of walking with your general meal plan eating primal should do the trick! Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast