Thread: Dietary Nickel intolerance or mercury allergy page

jammies is offline Senior Member

Dietary Nickel intolerance or mercury allergy

Hello everyone;

I'm still searching for the cause of my ongoing fatigue and muscle weakness - all of which has been greatly improved by a primal diet, but I am still struggling quite a bit.

I have a very strong nickel allergy and recently saw a paper about people with ongoing fatigue having a strong immune response to mercury and/or nickel. I looked up a low nickel diet and it is pretty close to a primal diet - but with lots more restrictions.

Nickel Allergy Diet. Learn what foods have nickel in them.

My fatigue can be brutal at times and manageable at others. I'm wondering if it is because my nickel intake varies quite a bit. I'm also thinking about having my two mercury fillings replaced.

Anyone here have a nickel allergy and problems with fatigue? Or see their health improve after having mercury fillings removed?

Any thoughts?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

mom5booklover is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Hello everyone;

I'm still searching for the cause of my ongoing fatigue and muscle weakness - all of which has been greatly improved by a primal diet, but I am still struggling quite a bit.

I have a very strong nickel allergy and recently saw a paper about people with ongoing fatigue having a strong immune response to mercury and/or nickel. I looked up a low nickel diet and it is pretty close to a primal diet - but with lots more restrictions.

Nickel Allergy Diet. Learn what foods have nickel in them.

My fatigue can be brutal at times and manageable at others. I'm wondering if it is because my nickel intake varies quite a bit. I'm also thinking about having my two mercury fillings replaced.

Anyone here have a nickel allergy and problems with fatigue? Or see their health improve after having mercury fillings removed?

Any thoughts?
    If you have any crowns, inlays, or vaneers they are most likely made with nickel. I am dealing with a nickel allergy from my crowns which I can't afford to replace right now. I do have severe fatigue but also have other medical problems which cause fatigue so I'm not sure how much the nickel allergy is contributing to it. I also had most of my mercury fillings removed last year and did notice some changes. I guess the most notable one is my pH which I was measuring daily for medical reason's. Before removal of the fillings my saliva pH was always about 5.0 to 6.0. Now my pH is always right around 6.8 to 7.2 which is ideal. I also have less headaches and I believe the mercury removal has helped with my Graves disease as well as my Adrenal Fatigue recovery.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    DMSA
    MSM
    NAC
    Silymarin

flush it out.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by mom5booklover View Post
    If you have any crowns, inlays, or vaneers they are most likely made with nickel. I am dealing with a nickel allergy from my crowns which I can't afford to replace right now. I do have severe fatigue but also have other medical problems which cause fatigue so I'm not sure how much the nickel allergy is contributing to it. I also had most of my mercury fillings removed last year and did notice some changes. I guess the most notable one is my pH which I was measuring daily for medical reason's. Before removal of the fillings my saliva pH was always about 5.0 to 6.0. Now my pH is always right around 6.8 to 7.2 which is ideal. I also have less headaches and I believe the mercury removal has helped with my Graves disease as well as my Adrenal Fatigue recovery.
    Thanks for the feedback. Was it expensive to have the amalgams removed? I think my insurance will pay for some of it if I go to a regular dentist, but if I go to a "mercury-safe" dentist they generally don't cover it.

So it was worth it for you?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    DMSA
    MSM
    NAC
    Silymarin

flush it out.
    Is it worth doing all that if I still have the amalgams? I have read that 80% of the mercury is gone by now, so at least my dose is going down

Is it worth doing all that if I still have the amalgams? I have read that 80% of the mercury is gone by now, so at least my dose is going down
    well here is my thought for an inexpensive gut check.

buy 1 bottle of dmsa a provocation dose is 1gram or 1000 mg. take it and notice what happens in your body for the next siz hours. if you want you can capture your urine and look at it the next morning.

flushing reactions vary, but mostly emotional disturbances and possible involuntary muscle contractions of the extremities. nothing huge but certainly noticeable.

if you get a reaction it would be worth pursuing, if not dont.

if your urine has sediment in it of at least 10-20% of its volume you probably need it.

or you can find a doctor to do the same thing and have the actual metal levels read.

whichever you feel safer doing

Avoid any doctor that would want to use EDTA nothing good comes of it. tht tells you they are behind the times or lack the education you need

additionally you can use cilantro and other green chelators however after serious usage of those my levels were still higher than Everest

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

mom5booklover is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the feedback. Was it expensive to have the amalgams removed? I think my insurance will pay for some of it if I go to a regular dentist, but if I go to a "mercury-safe" dentist they generally don't cover it.

So it was worth it for you?
    Yes it was worth it. It was also expensive but my insurance covered alot of the actual removals since they were really old amalgams anyways. I definately hurts the check book though. The safe mercury removal method is not really a huge deal. They had me take some Activated Charcoal caps before hand (I continued taking them for a few days after). Then they put this huge vacuum thingy off to the side of the dentist while they were drilling. I don't know how much of the fumes are actually caught since it is just sitting there off to the side. The suction from the assistant is really strong and will suck up any residual chuncks. The other thing they did that may not be normal prodicle for regular dentists was put a rubber damn over the filling so that nothing could really escape down my throat. As an ex-dental assistant I know what the procedure was for amalgam removals back then (13 years ago). We suctioned any chuncks and powder from the amalgam but the amount that ran down the throat was questionable. If you could at least take the Activated charcoal (removes toxic materials from body) and talk the doctor into a rubber damn I think it would be as close to the mercury-free practices as you could get.

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    well here is my thought for an inexpensive gut check.

buy 1 bottle of dmsa a provocation dose is 1gram or 1000 mg. take it and notice what happens in your body for the next siz hours. if you want you can capture your urine and look at it the next morning.

flushing reactions vary, but mostly emotional disturbances and possible involuntary muscle contractions of the extremities. nothing huge but certainly noticeable.

if you get a reaction it would be worth pursuing, if not dont.

if your urine has sediment in it of at least 10-20% of its volume you probably need it.

or you can find a doctor to do the same thing and have the actual metal levels read.

whichever you feel safer doing

Avoid any doctor that would want to use EDTA nothing good comes of it. tht tells you they are behind the times or lack the education you need

additionally you can use cilantro and other green chelators however after serious usage of those my levels were still higher than Everest
    You had mercury issues? Was it from your amalgams? Did you feel different after addressing it?

Quote Originally Posted by mom5booklover View Post
    Yes it was worth it. It was also expensive but my insurance covered alot of the actual removals since they were really old amalgams anyways. I definately hurts the check book though. The safe mercury removal method is not really a huge deal. They had me take some Activated Charcoal caps before hand (I continued taking them for a few days after). Then they put this huge vacuum thingy off to the side of the dentist while they were drilling. I don't know how much of the fumes are actually caught since it is just sitting there off to the side. The suction from the assistant is really strong and will suck up any residual chuncks. The other thing they did that may not be normal prodicle for regular dentists was put a rubber damn over the filling so that nothing could really escape down my throat. As an ex-dental assistant I know what the procedure was for amalgam removals back then (13 years ago). We suctioned any chuncks and powder from the amalgam but the amount that ran down the throat was questionable. If you could at least take the Activated charcoal (removes toxic materials from body) and talk the doctor into a rubber damn I think it would be as close to the mercury-free practices as you could get.
    Thanks! those are great suggestions! I hate how expensive it is for me to stay healthy - but what choice do I really have? Time to start dentist shopping

PrimalCon New York
    You had mercury issues? Was it from your amalgams? Did you feel different after addressing it?
    Mercury Lead Barium Cesium Thallium Asrenic

still working on it

i feel different during chelation, furious, wanting to murder everyone, or super sad wanting to bawl my eyes out.

i started taking it before bed so that i could skip all that shit.

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506