Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your best vegan ice cream recipe? page 2

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    bananas and avocados, frozen in slices, which you can then basically whiz together with whatever you want to flavor it.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Frozen bananananananan slices, frozen summer fruits berries and coco powder in the blender makes an awsome fruits of the forest gataux ice-cream style desert, add coconut milk if it's too thick to keep it vegan, or cream for veggi, or lard just to piss off veggie/vegan people
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    First catch your vegan!
    I spit out tea, lol.

FrankiG is offline Member
    Maybe the OP should have stated 'dairy-free ice cream recipe' b/c that is what I am looking for to make as a treat for my daughter. I've got an ice cream maker and just need some recipes that don't involve any milk/cream.
    Teacher and Homeschooler
    One husband of 9 years,
    Two kids (6 & 3)
    Pregnant with #3, due this summer

Going primal resolved my anxiety symptoms!!!

billp is offline Senior Member
    I have found it possible to substitute lard and water for cream. The ice cream holds its shape better in the sun too. I generally eat tallow now, but I find lard has the better texture for ice cream.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Franki:

You don't need an ice cream maker for this one:

slice up bananas and freeze them. slice up avocados and freeze them. If you put 1.5 bananas and 1/2 avocado in a blender with whatever flavorings you want (ie, frozen blue berries, or dark chocolate and cocoa, or honey and nuts or whatever you want) and blend it, and then put it in a container and pop it into the freezer again, guess what?

ice cream. that makes about 3-4 servings (one-two small scoops each).

the banana gives it the sweetness. avocado gives it the creamy body. the rest gives it the flavor that you want. i used a bit of vanilla extract, almond extract, and raw pistacios to make a nice pistacio ice cream.

nice stuff.

DS's girlfriend is egg and dairy free. This is her favorite treat, and honestly, we think it's good too. HIgh in fat and carbs, *and tasty*.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12