Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Skinny girl to fat girl and back to skinny girl - for life page 9

cmlloyd Guest
    Shop Now
    I'm wimpy in the upper body department, well sort of, I'm 5'3" (fun size), I'm working on it. But my lower body has always had the power so swinging the kettle bell isn't a problem it's when I do my git ups, and crunches and my cleans I want to cry lol but I'm workin on it
    YOU GO with yer 35lbder - !!!

Jenn26 you are moving right along with your losses! Where is your journal?

June68 is offline Senior Member
    UB is always hard with us chicks, but going in cold without having lifted weights for years I can still do arnold presses with 25lb dumbbells and pretty much anything else like chest press and curls with them, too. Probably not flyes though. Ha! It's just me. Hopefully I don't brain myself with the damn thing though.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by June68 View Post
    Hopefully I don't brain myself with the damn thing though.
    hahahahaha that just struck me as funny for some reason.

I'm prior service Army so there are LOTS of pushups in my past, so I still have pretty good upper body strength. At one point early on, I did 42 pushups in 2 minutes with no knee assist. what they call "boy pushups" on other sites. lol

CM, you can find it here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread50131.html
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

cmlloyd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    hahahahaha that just struck me as funny for some reason.

I'm prior service Army so there are LOTS of pushups in my past, so I still have pretty good upper body strength. At one point early on, I did 42 pushups in 2 minutes with no knee assist. what they call "boy pushups" on other sites. lol

CM, you can find it here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread50131.html
    Well hello fellow Army person - I too was in the Army: 31U
    i hated my PT tests until it came to the crunches and the run - My upper body was more concerned with 12oz curls at the time. If my weapon wasn't in my hands i wasn't lifting anything I didn't have to (well except wire).
    Maybe 4:30am PT would be good....... nah.

cmlloyd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by June68 View Post
    UB is always hard with us chicks, but going in cold without having lifted weights for years I can still do arnold presses with 25lb dumbbells and pretty much anything else like chest press and curls with them, too. Probably not flyes though. Ha! It's just me. Hopefully I don't brain myself with the damn thing though.
    Skull crushers!!!

Skull v. kettlebell

I know which is going to come off the loser in that one. Oy.

So yesterday was a huge appetite day and it was nuts. Food intake after lunch went like this -

S | pistachios, maybe 1 cup with shells | 2 slices lovely aged cheddar
    pre-dinner drink - Blanton's bourbon. Spicier than our regular bourbons due to the higher rye component. Nice citrus/orange peel on the nose.
    D | sausage/bratwurst & pork/beef meatballs sauteed with onions, zucchini. high-end, all natural jarred spaghetti sauce poured over | 08 Four Vines Dusi Zin

Slept reasonably ok except for the headache that woke me and I had to get up to take ibuprofen. Ugh. I don't know what causes these. I didn't drink to excess and there are times when red wine doesn't give me a headache. I could still feel it under 3 tablets and now with my 2nd cup of joe it is finally abating. Woke up hungry, but not excessively so.

B | coffee | 2 hen eggs | 2 strips bacon | 1 small potato half reheated in bacon fat (potato never tasted so good after a 2 week absence)

Managed to find full fat yogurt, but somehow it turns out a 10% fat version is actually higher in fat somehow. One is semi-local (from VT) and one is made about 5 minutes from my house - Stonyfield. The Cabot we have now is 2% and so tangy I almost don't want to eat it. Makes my cheeks pucker.

Well, I think it's working.

I have no scale at home and no access to one anywhere else, so progress with fat loss has to be measured by how clothes fit, specifically how clothes I couldn't wear before are starting to be less tight on me. I've got a pair of pants I use to chart this and today they're slightly roomier than they were last week. I'm frankly amazed. My husband commented that he thinks my legs look smaller. Awww...nice of him to notice. This is literally the only time in my life that I've actually gotten smaller. This knowledge went far to keep me from taking a package of my favorite cider donuts made fresh at my favorite local farm (they have a commercial kitchen and bakery in the back of the store). Only walked out with strawberries; no donuts.

So...that's my big news. At least I think it's big news.

Hubby and I walked 5 miles together. He's always been a runner and I never have been so we usually just pass each other on the road, but now he walks with me on the weekends and it's rather nice. We walked without having lunch and hours since breakfast to maximize fat loss. When we got back we had fruit and yogurt. Now I've got to clean up the kitchen and we'll have snacks, cocktails and later...New York Strips.

cmlloyd Guest
    Sounds like a good day with the hubs!

That's great news!!! What's even greater is you acknowledged it YAY!

Thanks yeah, it was a good day. I'm looking for confirmation that this WOE is better for me and will result in weight loss and that tiny bit of room in my pants was the first I've had. That's the problem with having no other health concerns that can be mitigated or corrected with cutting grains. I only need to drop 30-40lbs and while that can't happen overnight, and I know this intellectually, emotionally I need some assurance. Hopefully like others who have made this switch, I will also drop weight and get back to my old self.

Anyway...here's how the rest of the day shaped up -
    PDD - bloody mary - a big one!
    D | mashed cauli w/parmesean | spinach sauteed in bacon fat | NY strip steak | 06 Denner Zin | mixed berries for dessert

Have decided that bacon fat makes spinach taste weird so I think I'll go back to OO or butter for that.

Woke up and stayed up for a while in the middle of the night and then woke very early again this morning. Cough worse than ever today. Am starving. Had coffee and 2 strawberries. Hopefully hubby starts on omelets soon because I think I might digest my own stomach if he doesn't.

After perusing this forum for a while, I've decided that my relaxed approach to this WOE is definitely not the norm. Boy do people obsess and get themselves into corners with specific approaches and methods. OMG, I had a donut!! OMG, I can't control my cravings! OMG, do I need iodine? OMG, how do I get super-human strength? OMG, can I eat mushrooms??? OMG, why can't I eat lowfat yogurt!? It's crazy. In the past I've felt like I obsess over things, but now I see I'm just a thorough researcher. In practice I can't really get all bent around the axle about eating like this. Either I will or I won't and either way it's my decision and I take responsibility for it and I'm not going to flip out, lose sleep, post ranting threads or anything else that people seem do to here. Bah, anyway...enough of that. Hubby seems to be moving around in the kitchen!!

AbigailLyn is offline Senior Member
    Love you're approach! People definitely do tend to get a little obsessive, but I think it's mostly because all the other success stories are so amazing and people (myself included) feel like there's a possibility to fit into that category, so if it doesn't feel like it's happening fast enough they want to find a way to make it happen faster. It definitely has been a huge downer for me though as sometimes I feel like I get caught up in it, but good for you for being able to distance yourself from it and take a (in my opinion) healthier approach to the whole shebang!

And congrats on the loose fitting pants!

Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast