Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 LastLast

Thread: Skinny girl to fat girl and back to skinny girl - for life page 45

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have no idea what's wrong with it. I separated it mildly several years ago and I think I tore it all to pieces again in May. My experience with orthopedics and sports docs isn't good so I haven't bothered to see one. Ugh. I dread having to actually do so.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Wow! Sorry to hear about your shoulder! I hurt mine a hundred years ago and it's been weak all of my life as a result. I keep injuring it periodically. It hurts when I sleep also and sometimes wakes me up, or keeps me from deep sleep.

I started this summer working with a personal trainer, who is also a physical therapist and he's been working with me to help strengthen my shoulders with exercises for rotator cuff injuries. I searched online and what we're doing during my training is what's prescribed in most of the medical websites. Simple-stretch band exercises have helped quite a bit.

I have had to change my sleeping position too. I used to hold my right arm up over my head and rest my head on my forearm. I can't do that anymore.

There are also some good stretches that seem to help.

Best of luck in your recovery! I hope it feels better soon!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    I did NK a few months ago, and it definitely helps with the snacking! Now I'm not doing it, but my fat intake is much higher than before, and I forget about food for hours and the desire to snack is gone. Some days I only eat twice a day. For instance: I kept a jar of Justin's chocolate hazelnut butter around as a snack and I would forget that I had it, then I'd be like, Oh! Yeah this! I could have this now!

I see you have a concern about your pistachio intake (SO good). I used to have a problem with peanut M&Ms. After doing a leptin reset last year and increasing my fat intake (which increased even more this year), I went to the movies and bought myself some peanut m&ms as a rare treat. I had a few and then put them in my purse. I found them days later, totally forgotten about. That never would have happened before!

Good luck with your shoulder! <3
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalli889 View Post
    I see you have a concern about your pistachio intake (SO good). I used to have a problem with peanut M&Ms. After doing a leptin reset last year and increasing my fat intake (which increased even more this year), I went to the movies and bought myself some peanut m&ms as a rare treat. I had a few and then put them in my purse. I found them days later, totally forgotten about. That never would have happened before!
    I just found a busted up Heath bar in my purse... I was sad that I couldn't eat it being on Whole30. Decided I would save it for another day.

I hope is going well with you, Kim. Check in soon, ok?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Hi ladies.
    I'm still here and not much has changed so I don't blog much. Not that I ever really did.

Shoulder seems slightly better although it isn't good or anywhere near normal. This week was a bad week for exercise, but I have walked more in the last month than before, on average. Am still eating like before, but continuing to snack less and no pistachios have come into the house!!!

We seem to be settling into a routine of no booze 3 days a week. Usually come Thursday he caves. Or I do. Or both. But M-W we seem to survive without it. Funny.

Treats...I totally get that and I bought a tiny tub of Hagendaaz ice cream (it had the BEST ingredients...nothing I couldn't pronounce or identify) and I have taken about 10 bites out of it in 2 months. I didn't think I could limit myself to one bite at a time, but it's really not hard. It's enough. The stupid tub will probably last me years at this point. lol

Weight-wise I don't know exactly, but I'm probably still at 155 or so. Clothes still fit the same. The extra carbs from in-season fruit didn't affect it one way or another.

I had a weird moment the other day. Conflicted. I felt smug and good about myself, but also sad and helpless and had to really reign myself in. Monday hubby and I go to the warehouse store to stock up on bacon and napkins, basically. Sometimes we get coffee and other stuff there, too. Anyway, we run into a dear friend and former work colleague and his wife. We were close at one time and hung out together quite a bit. I haven't seen him in a few years, her in 10 and wow are they heavy. Given what was in their cart, I'm not surprised. I wanted to put everything back and lead them by the hand as to what they should eat. I didn't though and was very conscious of the fact that I weigh 10 pounds less now than I did when I last saw the wife, in 2003. That I'm in size 8 jeans and she must have put on 100 pounds since. Crying shame what SAD is doing to my friends (which is the same thing it was doing to me). Short of being all preachy there on the spot, I can't do anything for them so I just stood there chatting, feeling sad and smug at the same time.

Anyway...that's all I've got for now. Thanks for checking in on me.

I know that sad and smug feeling. When I first started, I used to preach... now I just talk like you did and wait for them to ask... and then I don't even go into details. Just say I changed what I eat to meats, fruits, and veggies only. Those that are interested will continue to ask questions and those that are a slave to grains will say "Oh, but I could never give up bread". I say "Yeah, I used to say the same thing" and smile. We can only hope that others will come around and realize what SAD is doing to them - and hopefully it'll be before it's too late to make a difference.

Hi. Just checking on you. I hope all is well.

I’m still here, Jenn. Thanks for looking in on me.

Not much has changed except work duties have ramped up. I’m traveling more often and have more to do when I’m in my office. This doesn’t leave too much time to blog, especially when, at least on the Primal front, nothing’s changed. I’m still at 155 lbs. Still size 8. Shoulder still wonky, but I’m back to the gym and swinging the kettlebell.

It’s time to put the kayak and the sports car away so I’m hunting storage units. Found one at a decent price that’s close by so I gotta just lease it and be done. Unfortunately our motorcycles didn’t sell this year and we’ll probably have to put them into storage as well. Ugh. I’d love to not have to deal with them either.

Oh and we’re replacing the flooring upstairs with some nice, dark maple. Gone will be the ugly white carpet chosen by the former owners. Yay!

I got out to do some photography and hiking this fall, but not as much as I wanted. Weather issues mostly. I did get to Oregon on vacation and shot a lot, but not creatively or outside of my usual style so I’m kind of disappointed at the results. Am going to Big Sur for my husband’s 50th birthday in January, so maybe I’ll do better then. It’s the off season wildlife and plant-wise, so maybe I’ll break out of my rut. Ig.

So that’s an update. Thrilling huh? lol.

hahaha thrilling or not, I'm glad you're still around. Sorry your shoulder is still messed up. Tomi has a messed up shoulder too. And marcadav said hers was weird for a while as well. She ended up having a procedure done on hers to remove calcium deposits. Tomi is checking with a doctor to see what's up with hers. Everyone seems to have shoulder issues right now.

I'm still living the Primal dream. lol

Shoulders are really complex joints and easy to screw up and boy...do they take forever to heal. Sorry to hear I'm in good company.

Today I swung the kettlebell for the first time in months. Just a light work to rest ratio and only for 15 minutes. Boy does that ever kick your ass. I was tired. Tired!

Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 LastLast