Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Skinny girl to fat girl and back to skinny girl - for life page 44

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    What a nice dress. I like it.

As for the drinking - I hear what you're saying - drinking nightly isn't a problem from a MEDICAL standpoint (medical meaning alcoholism being a mental health issue) but from a WEIGHT LOSS standpoint. Makes perfect sense to me. In our society, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with enjoying wine with dinner. But from a weight loss standpoint, it's probably not the ideal. I completely get where you're coming from. Same with the primal snacks. I did the same thing - still do. I don't have to count calories b/c everything is primal, but that certainly doesn't mean I need to eat everything I come across that fits the primal guidelines. All good points. Thanks for sharing.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys.

Weight loss is still my goal and so yeah, drinking alcohol is not helping to reach that goal. I like your rules DCarr. Those are some good guidelines and I hope they help you. I just have to put on my big girl dress and cut it out. No alcohol last night either and no snacking. I just went hungry and then inhaled my dinner.

Oh and my no athsma medication experiment came to halt yesterday afternoon, so basically I made it a week. And my allergies are now kicking my ass. Runny nose. Itchy eyes. The whole deal. Misery. I think that the advair in my system keeps these symptoms at bay so it does double duty. I guess that's going to be a constant for me, but at least I have it. Big pharma may be evil in some ways, but damn if I don't love advair.

So yesterday we had malbec with steaks (it wasn't as good as the other one though). Husband seems to really like this combo and so it was his idea. Why I imbibe is a bit clearer now - I'm afraid to bring it up to him that I don't want to drink during the week because it makes me look like a failure. At least in my head it does. I don't want to admit this weakness so I just join him. Lame? Yeah. Kinda. So I had wine last night.

I didn't snack though. And the pistachios are GONE! So that's one less thing for me to worry about.

Walked 3.5 miles this morning.

Could you drink less wine? Instead of two glasses, have one? Or instead of a full glass, have half?

Yeah, I could, but no matter how little I drink it disrupts ketosis/gluconeogenesis so to my mind, it doesn't matter. In for a penny, in for a pound, you know?

Am I making excuses for my weakness? Yeah. I think so. I should just be a big girl about it and ask Ken not to open wine during the week. But that would keep him from enjoying something that doesn't keep him from his goals. That's not fair. So...I'll just do the best I can.

One of my customers told me today that he doesn't think I need to lose any more weight and so it was a nice thing to hear. I still want to though. lol. Wimmins is never satisfied, right?

Baby steps though. Back off the wine. Quit the snacking. Up the exercise. Those are all doable. And if they're not enough, well then I'll have to find another solution.

On another positive note, my digestive issue seems to be gone. It was bad for about a month, but now I'm doing well and my previous regularity is back. I think it might have been the pistachios since I still have cream and yogurt regularly. No cheese in days though so we'll see what happens if I add it back.

True true... wimmins are never satisfied. There's a gentleman at work here who tells me all the time that I look fine the way I am and that if I continue to lose weight, I'll start to look like a rail. Of course, he's an old black feller... per the stereotype, they like thems wimmins a bit on the softer side.

I'm glad you're getting some encouraging compliments, too, Jenn. It's important for us dissatisfied wimmins. You're doing great, btw. Love the loss and spiral down towards your goal weight.

Well last week was kind of mixed as to results. I exercised 3 times and went kayaking once. Did not snack on cheese or pistachios or much else come to think of it. Drank alcohol 5 days. Yah, only 2 days off. Bah. It was my choice though rather than rain on my husband's parade. And of course we bought more of the 'weekday malbec' as I've come to think of it, so I'm sure it's in my future. I'll have to see if I can put my foot down or not.

Speaking of putting my foot down, I have been walking a lot more than I had been and Gary Taubes is right; exercise makes you hungry. The hours I can go between physical hunger pangs are fewer now I walk more than they were when I just sat around. I suppose this means my metabolism, meaning the fuel-burning piece of my digestion, has sped up or become more demanding to meet the activity.

Which stands to reason. When I sit around a lot, my body doesn't need to fuel extra exertion and so it slows, pulling nutrients only to fuel base-line activities. Even just the walking makes me hungrier more often. Kind of neat the way that works. The problem is my stomach is only so big and I HATE eating enough to feel stuffed. Satisfied, sure, but I hate feeling full. So I don't eat a lot at one time and that means the stomach is empty again pretty soon. Which means snacking. Ugh. The thing I was trying to avoid. Like right now, my stomach has started growling and I'm 2 hours from eating a 4-cup salad with steak. Dinner isn't for another 3 hours. Do I eat some salami or macadamias, or do I go without? I hate to over-think and over-analyze, but I really don't know what's the best way to go.

I say, if you're hungry, eat something. Even if it's something small. I usually opt for fruit or nuts.

I have been eating in the late afternoons. Sliced salami. Boar's Head, my favorite.

Slept like a rock the night before last, but my shoulder kept me up most of last night. It's so twanged that I just can't get comfortable and my back still gets numb when I lay flat so that's out, too. Miserable. Am in a bad mood as a result and I know I should just go walk and snap out of it so I guess I will.

Are you sure you didn't tear your rotator cuff or something?

Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast