Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Skinny girl to fat girl and back to skinny girl - for life page 42

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by June68 View Post
    Going Primal changed my life and Iím grateful to Mark for putting the info out there. Iím glad I was open enough to learn, gutsy enough to change and mindful enough to stay Primal. Itís not hard. Living with myself before Primal was hard. This is joyful.

I loved that whole post, but especially this part. Great job!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

PRO199 is offline Senior Member
    Appreciate the time and retrospective you put into this post. For someone like me just getting started, reading a recap that speaks primarily to how you feel different physically and mentally after having lived primal for a while; well this has added confidence to my hope that primal is the way to go.
    Follow my progress at ->Journal: My Body Revival

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I don't write here much, or participate in the fora, but I thought it would be important for some people to read. Stories like this were a big factor in my decision to give Primal a try. Anecdotal 'evidence' is a powerful thing and so I'm giving back. Light at the end of the tunnel is sometimes the only thing to get you through the dark. I know it well.

The Red Dress

So yesterday I had a few appointments and decided to wear the red dress that so frustrated me last year. Not only does it fit, but it might be a tad loose. I mean that I seem to float inside it a bit if I don't cinch the waist tight with the belt. I can't even tell you how great I felt in it. I had to do some training with a new dealer and even though I'm not a young sexy thing, I was not self-conscious at all in front of the dozen or so men I was talking to. It's even sleeveless! All those bench presses, deadlifts and military presses must have worked. Sure I can improve, but I think I'm in a really good place now.

Take that red dress!!!

You should post a pic.

I have noticed that the straps on my tanks (tight fitting ribbed cotton numbers) are starting to slip when I wear the tanks. I was running in one yesterday and had to keep adjusting the straps. Drove me nuts! Only thing I could think of is that my shoulder area is smaller and the arm holes on the tanks are too big now. They seem to fit well enough everywhere else.

Yeah, maybe I will one of these days.

Not to change the subj, but I have an emergency appointment with my gyno office today. I'm almost 3-years post cancer surgery and I've discovered a lump. In a very private and relevant place. It's been there about 2 weeks. I've been doing my best head in the sand, but it's not going away or getting better so off I go.

It could be nothing. But of course my brain just goes to the worst case scenario. Cancer. It's back. I don't mean to be so pessimistic, but damn, I really though this was behind me. I don't even know why I'm writing this. My husband is traveling. It's my birthday and I don't want to burden him with something that isn't a known quantity. It could be nothing and from where he is he can't do anything but worry. I'm doing enough that for both of us.

Just had to get it out. Happy birthday to me.

Oh, sweetie. I'm sorry. I hope it's nothing. Keep us posted?

And for what it's worth, Happy birthday.

Thanks Jenn.

It's nothing.
    Just my overactive imagination.
    Best birthday present ever.

How did your appointment go?

PrimalCon New York
    sorry. I thought my last post was clearer. I'm fine. No worries. Just overactive imagination. Thanks for checking on me.

Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast