Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Skinny girl to fat girl and back to skinny girl - for life page 40

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm with you on spring. Nice workout! Do you use fitocracy at all? I've been doing some heavy stuff - check out my journal for details. Hope your back continues to feel better.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

June68 is offline Senior Member
    thanks Jenn. I see you've been hitting the gym, too. Nice.
    I don't use any tracking type stuff. I'm just not good at making the commitment required to make them work.
    Back is doing ok and I'm increasingly mindful of how I bend. I think it will help.

So I've said a while back that one of the reasons I'm on a Primal diet is because of cancer, the fact that I had it, the fact that I'm still in my 5-year testing period, the fact that most people who get cancer once will usually get it again and that I don't want to get it again. Starving any potentially mutated cells is part of my plan and so it's nice to read that research supports my choice -

Fat Head Sugars and Cancer

Thanks, Tom!

It is my hope to avoid cancer too, though I have never had it, so I don't have the same fears as you. I'm hoping to also avoid diabetes. My motivation for choosing Primal/Paleo was to eliminate the need for mental health medications.

That's a good motivator, too. Being tied to a pharmacy can be exasperating and depressing in and of itself. I often think about the zombie apocalypse that if the zombies don't get me, asthma will. Doh!

Just a quick update.
    No additional weight lost. I hover at 155 still. I'm not bent around the axle about it though. I've had plateaus before and this is just another one. My diet remains steady, lots of eggs, bacon, fatty meats, veggies, a little dairy, fruit and nuts. As we head into summer I'm sure the veg and fruit will naturally increase as they become abundant. I sent in a check to my organic farmer for the spring and fall shares. Already all paid up for the summer/harvest share. Can't wait.

Had my first pastured eggs of the season this morning. Got a note from my egg/chicken/pork farmer saying the pullets were laying and we could start picking up our dozens. Soooo much better than commerical eggs.

Still walking, swinging and lifting weekly. Activity is key for me to feel right in my skin. Without it I get restless and food doesn't seem to sit right in my system. I feel bloaty and weird and like my hunger is unpredictable.

Work is up and down. This week is a good week, last week was a nightmare. My blood pressure was so high during the day that I thought it might never come back down. It was a little scary and I was on the verge of quitting. Well, not really, but I did have a cry at one point to release some of my frustration and desperation. After a few conversations with management, I think things are moving to relieve me, but we'll see.

Anyway...went shopping and bought JEANS! I haven't felt good enough in my body to wear jeans in over a decade. Levis size 8 and Eddie Bauer size 10. Boot cut. Medium wash. Medium rise. I like 'em. I feel great in them. Ah Primal...how I love thee.

Glad things are still going so well. Sorry about the work troubles, but glad it seems to be straightened out. Congrats on the new jeans! It's so exciting to reach a new milestone!

Thanks, Jenn. Yeah the jeans are a MAJOR triumph for me. I just can't believe it.

Just popped in to say that the quality of my hunger has changed again. Lately I notice that I'm only experiencing hunger pangs in the morning and sometimes before dinner. At lunch I just get cold. That's my symptom. No stomach-growling usually, I just get very cold. Sometimes my fingertips go numb if I don't eat. Before, my Renaud's syndrome was not so touchy and I had to actually go out in the cold to get a reaction. Now it just has to be 65 degrees or colder and a few hours from my last meal. It's very strange. I feel like I'm eating not because I'm hungry, but to stay warm. Eating usually does the trick. Sometimes dramatically. Heat returns. I feel a bit funny eating without hunger pangs, but I can't keep swinging the kettle bell all day, which is the only other thing that keeps my body temp up. I swear I can feel it when I've stopped active digestion...my hands and nose get cold. Never happened so precipitously before.

Anyone else have body temp issues?

Do you think maybe you have an iron deficiency that could be the actual cause of the coldness? Seems odd that you'd get cold when you're hungry. But, I don't know anything about Renauld's either and maybe I'm showing my ignorance with that question/remark.

I don't honestly know, having never put any research into it. I don't know what the other symptoms of iron deficiency are, or why I should have that considering I don't menstruate anymore. Hm...will have to do a search.

Got out into the woods today. I really needed it. We're in the early stages, but spring has arrived. The purple trilliums are still dozing, but will burst forth in all their glory, soon. Just don't smell them!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love your photography. So simple and so elegant.

Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast