Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Skinny girl to fat girl and back to skinny girl - for life page 37

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    OMFG!!! Way to go woman!! That is awesome! You are scooting right along! What is your total weight loss now? Close to 30 isn't it?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah it's like 27 pounds.
    I'm frigging floored.
    And I love it. I cannot wait to go clothes shopping. My waist is smaller than the 28-year-old I was on the road with. Pretty soon I'll be in the 140s and I think that's where I want to be. Depends on whether enough of my remaining flab goes away. I'm so amazed that I actually did it. That this old bod actually responded the way the books say it should. I'm still pretty stunned about it. The secret was giving it time and sticking to the plan. I have had wheat knowingly twice in 7 months and all those processed foods and sugars I kicked then are still kicked. With results like this, I don't feel bad about it at all.

The new job is going quite well. I've got a much better handle on what I need to do and how our product is sold and how it works. If the school in CT had it, no one needed to die. It's that powerful and I cannot wait for my resellers to talk to all their schools about it. We're going to do good things.

MaryIM is offline Member
    That was very inspiring! I especially like your theme about being patient and giving the diet some time, like 6 months. Just stay with it and expect positive results.
    I practice yoga (am a yogini) and am also a follower of Grok ... so my journal is Grokini Mary

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66249.html

I'm glad you enjoyed it MaryIM.

I did doubt, that's for sure. At one point I thought I'd been scammed again and that the PB was just another weight-loss-scheme that would ultimately fail me, but I stuck with it anyway and lo and behold, it works. Now I know the secret, controlling my weight is within my grasp.

I'm glad you gave it time too. You're doing amazingly well and inspire me to keep trucking along full steam (I tend to fall off the track occasionally)

I have a school that my kids attend that have no real security measures (all doors locked except the one by the office - oooh... tough measures there). You should sell it something.

I am, too.

Went shopping at an outlet mall nearby. Didn't get some things I wanted (casual pants...none of mine fit anymore), but I did get a nice suit at Jones New York. The pants are a size 8. Blouses and jacket 10. I can't believe it. Size 8. Hopefully they still fit after I lose the rest of the weight I want to lose, but still. Size 8. OMG.

Quote Originally Posted by June68 View Post
    Size 8. OMG.
    It's exciting, isn't it? I'm bordering on a 12/14. My 14's are so big I have to pull them up all the time, but a 12 is just the tiniest bit too small yet. I can wear them, but they're a touch on the uncomfortable side. Another month and I should be good in a size 12.

Keep up the great work! You're doing awesome!

Keep on going, Jenn. You'll get there. I was a 14 when I started. My 12s were just too tight. Couldn't wear them. I still can't wear them, but for entirely different reasons.

I can't even tell you how happy I am. Even my sweaters fit better...no more bulging backfat! It's so incredible. I'm on the road a lot next week, visiting new people and I know I'm going to look good. I still have some jiggly flab to lose, but I don't feel so frustrated or disappointed because it's working.

On a completely different note...aside from the weight loss, which is stupendous, I'm still going to eat this way forever because I think I will create a climate within my cells that is NOT conducive to cancer growth. Sometimes I get all caught up in the superficial aspect of the PB, when I should also remember about the inner aspect. These days I just brush off sickness. A few times over the last few months I've felt a touch of a cold or whatever, but it has been just a touch. I don't go down with the symptoms for days anymore. I feel my immune response is improved and while I know I'm not invincible, I feel like I'm handling germs much better than before. That and the anti-cancer (read very low sugar) environment in my cells makes me feel like I've made real changes to how I function. If those changes also make me feel and look better there's even more reason to do it. But health, true health is achievable for me now and that's something I haven't felt in a long time, especially since being diagnosed with cancer. Granted, I didn't suffer from the disease itself, rather the cure was worse, but I was still sick. I still had a body that helped cancer thrive. I still had a body with an overtaxed immune system. Now I don't. Yeah, I'm thrilled to be a smaller size, but I'm equally thrilled to be well.

Quote Originally Posted by June68 View Post
    On a completely different note...aside from the weight loss, which is stupendous, I'm still going to eat this way forever because I think I will create a climate within my cells that is NOT conducive to cancer growth. Sometimes I get all caught up in the superficial aspect of the PB, when I should also remember about the inner aspect. These days I just brush off sickness. A few times over the last few months I've felt a touch of a cold or whatever, but it has been just a touch. I don't go down with the symptoms for days anymore. I feel my immune response is improved and while I know I'm not invincible, I feel like I'm handling germs much better than before. That and the anti-cancer (read very low sugar) environment in my cells makes me feel like I've made real changes to how I function. If those changes also make me feel and look better there's even more reason to do it. But health, true health is achievable for me now and that's something I haven't felt in a long time, especially since being diagnosed with cancer. Granted, I didn't suffer from the disease itself, rather the cure was worse, but I was still sick. I still had a body that helped cancer thrive. I still had a body with an overtaxed immune system. Now I don't. Yeah, I'm thrilled to be a smaller size, but I'm equally thrilled to be well.
    +1,000,000

I'm glad you are well again.

Thanks jenn.

I wasn't riddled with chronic health conditions before, but I still had nagging things that I chalked up to aging. Eliminating those and the whole anti-cancer environment thing keeps me focused beyond the weight loss. Not that I'm having trouble sticking to the plan, I mean in the sense that sometimes I get caught up in the surface of things - how I look and how skinny I'm getting. That's wonderful and an indicator of overall improvement, but it's not everything.

Anyway...

So it's been a month on the job now. I'm starting to get into the swing of things. Various components of the process and the product are coming together to fill in the complete picture. Terminology and methodology are coalescing. I've been in my office for a couple weeks, but next week I'm on the road which will be a nice change. I even made some commission from last month, which was an unexpected bonus and will help me build my savings back up. This month should also yield some commission, especially if I can close a couple things.

So far it's been easy to stay Primal since I've mostly been at home. I don't expect it to be impossible on the road, but I will need to plan a bit and make sure I eat well before I go. Hunger and long stretches without food aren't problems for me now, but it's funny, other people insist I eat. Once I pulled into a restaurant parking lot basically because the woman I was with felt we should eat. I told her I wasn't really that hungry and that we were going to eat dinner in a few hours anyway. She insisted, so I had a bunch of lettuce and stuff with some chicken on it to please her. Still had a steak for dinner.

Anyway, my desk in my home office is a workbench and so that means I can stand up while working or use the chair. I do both, but I'm definitely on my feet much more than when I was a cube-dweller. It's pretty nice to be able to indulge my natural tendency to pace while on the phone, which is a lot these days. I don't have a pedometer, but I imagine I cover a lot of ground. When my back gets too stiff from standing, I sit. When my shoulders get too stiff from sitting and typing, I stand. When I get a little cold I swing the 'bell. When I get cabin fever I take my phone out for a walk. I like it a lot.

It's said that people who work from home often work more than people who don't and I can attest to that. Usually I check email around 7 and then I'm at my desk around 8-8:30. Work starts. Often when my husband gets home at 5:20 I'm on the phone with someone. Occasionally this keeps up until after 6. As long as the work gets done and I'm available during normal business hours, no one really cares how I slice my schedule and so far I like it. As things get more hectic I'm sure I'll be carving out time to get out of the house, do errands or just take a break. No one wants me working myself into burn-out again, least of all me. That ain't Primal.
    Last edited by June68; 02-09-2013 at 04:57 AM.

Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast