Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Skinny girl to fat girl and back to skinny girl - for life page 36

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think your understanding of how it works is accurate as that's also how I understand it. Our bodies won't hold onto what it doesn't need and as long as it's getting the nutrients it so desperately needs, it's less likely to hoard the excess, provided we work within the confines of biochemistry and keep our insulin down, we won't over-store fat. Idk, maybe I'm not correct there... all I know is it works.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Well, I hope it is because it seems to work. It feels like my body isn't fighting for every scrap now and actually lets go.

I decided that before I go out to meet everyone I will work with next week I should get some clothes that fit. My good pants seem to all be size 12 except for one pair of size 10. The 12s are too huge and so I got 2 new pairs today one size 8 one size 10, which just goes to show how all over the place women's sizes are; they both fit basically the same way. They sit just below the natural waist and don't bunch up with a belt. Phew. A few sweaters and one of my black jackets and I'm good. Got new bras, too, because I was swimming in my old ones. Cup size the same, but 2 inches smaller in the rib cage. Woo hoo!! I feel smashing, baby!

It felt so good not to be digging through the size 12 and 14s. I can't even remember a time when I searched for a 8 and 10s...and I have a feeling those will be big by summer. OMG. It's crazy, but I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by June68 View Post
    Well, I hope it is because it seems to work. It feels like my body isn't fighting for every scrap now and actually lets go.

I decided that before I go out to meet everyone I will work with next week I should get some clothes that fit. My good pants seem to all be size 12 except for one pair of size 10. The 12s are too huge and so I got 2 new pairs today one size 8 one size 10, which just goes to show how all over the place women's sizes are; they both fit basically the same way. They sit just below the natural waist and don't bunch up with a belt. Phew. A few sweaters and one of my black jackets and I'm good. Got new bras, too, because I was swimming in my old ones. Cup size the same, but 2 inches smaller in the rib cage. Woo hoo!! I feel smashing, baby!

It felt so good not to be digging through the size 12 and 14s. I can't even remember a time when I searched for a 8 and 10s...and I have a feeling those will be big by summer. OMG. It's crazy, but I love it.
    +1,000,000

I can't wait til I can say the same! Starting in October, my eating got out of control and I stopped going to the gym. Now my size 14's fit and my 12's are snug (muffin top, anyone??). I'm holding off on buying new stuff because I am hopeful that my changes will be changing soon. I have heard of a couple of second hand stores near here that are great - one is great for name brand jeans that are next to nothing dirt cheap and one is great for name brand work clothes that are next to nothing dirt cheap... I just have to find the time (and the next to nothing dirt cheap budget) to get some new threads. It's hard to shop with kids in tow.

Thanks Jenn. I can't wait for you to post the same thing. And I can imagine how hard it would be to shop with the two crumb catchers. ; )

I haven't gone so far as to buy jeans yet, but I'm sure I'll get there. My ass...well, it could look better so a few more months and that heavier 'bell ought to do it.

So my first week of work is over. On the whole the company employee profile seems to be young, fit and energetic. I was probably the 2nd oldest person in the office I visited, just behind the CEO who is in his late 50s/early 60s. It made me very conscious of my physical appearance and I'm doubly, triply happy that I've lost a lot of weight. My style is more conservative, but I look as good as any of them albeit with more gray hair. lol.

no scale at the hotel that I could find, but I find a bit more room in some of my casual pants. Things are getting looser and looser and I'm wondering where it will stop. I still have flab to shed so I'm happy that it continues, but need to formulate a plan for when I shouldn't lose more. Such problems to have, right? It still seems like a dream sometimes. I look down and my belly is almost gone. In clothes it looks pretty much flat. I haven't seen that in YEARS.

Eating-wise was manageable, but by no means optimal. I didn't have any grain-based food, but I did have some crappy oils and that I felt. Fuzzy head, headache and fatigue. Things I never normally experience. I didn't have time to exercise, but I walked 5 miles yesterday without a problem. Tomorrow I'll probably hit the bell before my meetings start.

Sigh.

Life is pretty good. I haven't felt happy in years and I'm still a bit overwhelmed by the feeling sometimes. It seems like the second half of my 40s is going to be a lot better than the first.

I'm glad to read such a happy update! I hope the second week goes well too!

Thanks Jenn.
    The second week was good. I'm learning more and more about my company, my products and the people I work with. Now I have to turn that knowledge into a business plan for me and my team. I've never had to do that before and so it's going to be a nice challenge to my organizational and leadership skills. All good things. I also have learned that in this job I'm going to have to guard my calendar and my time jealously. Already I've discovered some 'time wasters' who will have to be reigned in so that they don't hog me unnecessarily. It's like that everywhere I suppose, but I'm very aware of it in this job.

On another note, I have almost no clothes that fit anymore. They're all size 12 and too big now.

I know, I know, what a problem to have.

But it is a problem. I have multiple appointments next week and if I wasn't with one person for all of them, I wouldn't sweat it so much, but I don't want to wear the same clothes in front of her. I have 4 pairs of pants and 1 skirt that fit properly, but all my jackets are too big. I have 2 pairs of pants that are borderline, but are too big and several that flat out just don't fit. All the rest of my winter skirts are too big. It's crazy. I think that I'm going to have a big buying splurge come spring when I have a few paychecks under my belt and the spring clothes are out. Hopefully by then my weight has come down to a range that I'll stabilize at. I don't want to say buy size 10 or 8 stuff and end up at a 6 permanently. I know, I know...you cry for me, but dammit I hate wasting money and looking bad and right now I have to do one of those things.

Unless I can find a decent consignment store or something that sells stuff I would actually want to be seen in.

Oy.

Anyway, the Primal life continues. Walked 5 miles yesterday during my usual Saturday fast and all was good. After that made a nice shake with strawberries, cream, a spoon of yogurt, a spoon of protein powder, 2 tbsp light olive oil and water. Those are tasty and a great meal replacement because of the protein and olive oil. I have a feeling they're going to be a staple for me going forward. After that we went to my SIL's house and stayed Primal despite teasing and the offer of cake. At this point they think the WOE is just a big joke, but we don't and it's a bit irritating. We put up with it though.

So that's how things are now. My mom had back surgery on Friday so I'll hopefully be seeing her at home later today. If she's still in a really bad way they will keep her another night. I hope this is the beginning of a healing process for her though.

So I went to see my mom. She's doing much better although she has a long recovery ahead. While I was there I got on her scale.

I weigh 153 pounds in all my clothes!!!!

OMFG!

I haven't weighed this little in over a decade. Seriously.

To celebrate I had 2 pieces of bacon.

kcarol is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations! That's so awesome! I can't wait to get to the 150's...

Thanks kcarol. I'm so stunned I can hardly believe this is happening to me. I really thought I'd be the fat girl for the rest of my life. So to be back at a weight that doesn't embarrass me is amazing. Another 10lbs lost will be perfect I think. I still have some flabbiness around the waist and thighs. Still, I'm so pleased that I lost so much and didn't have to kill myself to do it.

Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast