Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Skinny girl to fat girl and back to skinny girl - for life page 3

cmlloyd Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Don't sweat the times. Eat when you're hungry. Even if before 8 am sounds too early, eat if your body is telling you to. One of the biggest things with Primal is listening to your body and doing as it says.

At my grocery store, they only have fat free greek yogurt. it's frustrating to say the least.

Your breakfast sounds delicious! I've never had duck eggs before. Do they taste like chicken?? why do we always compare food to chicken? lol mmmm... tastes like chicken! hahaha

Typos... yes. many. I sometimes rate credibility based on the number of typos in a book. I shouldn't. If the information is right, who cares if they left out a word or put a double word in (like and and)? The information is still the same. But, it's hard to get past the typos sometimes and I couldn't believe a book would get published with so many typos. Then I learned he self-published, which further affected his credibility with me, but his plan works, so he's been restored credibility.

I love photography and wish I had the equipment to be more than a hobbyist.
    It's not the equpiment - it's what is 12" behind the camera body that's important (I am a phototaker as well)

June68 is offline Senior Member
    That's pretty true. Good equipment helps, but good skills and vision are better.

Ugh. I have a feeling the fat part of this diet is going to be the most problematic for me & hubby. We've cooked and eaten lean for so long we just don't have fat in the house. And I hate avocado and coconut so there's that, too.

Lunch = 1 HBE, 4 slices orange bell pepper, small chunks of full fat cheddar, chicken breast w/pineapple salsa & mixed veg. Peach greek yogurt. There's just nothing but a lump of butter around and thinking of eating that sort of skeeves me out. Ah. I won't think about it right now. Am heading out the door and will probably pick up sausage & salad greens on the way home.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    if fat bothers you, you might want to look into Paleo. Paleo is a lower fat version of Primal (without dairy, as well).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

It doesn't bother me, it's just a HUGE adjustment. For 20 years we've been doing the low carb/low fat thing and it's so hard to break that habit of reaching for the low fat or non fat. Our pantry has nothing with fat in it as a result. except butter and that's a relatively new thing - only in the last 3 years have we even had it in the house. For like 15 years before that, no butter. No sugar even. Buying things that include it will be an adjustment! : )

So I hung out with my mom today and when she put out cheese and crackers, I only had the cheese. And her nice red wine, no beer. It was 50% reduced fat cheese, but what can I do?? : )

Tonight is top sirloin!!
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

cmlloyd Guest
    It's hard trying to break away from the CW whispers. I am just going to do what Grok would have done well except eat bugs. that's my limit. lol

no bugs here either, please! eww. I can't even eat shrimp or lobster...I'm not an insectivore.

Slept reasonably well last night, except when Larry bit me again. That cat is a little stinker. When I woke up (about an hour ago) I felt good and not hungry. Now I'm having coffee and expect to walk a few miles (5 or 6) when I'm done. Then if I'm hungry I'll have breakfast. Hubby already made a pile o' bacon!

Having steak last night was a bit strange. Steak on a Wednesday. Strange. But tasty with a butter/parmesean spread for both it and the cauli/broc combo. And 1/2 a bot of Hahn Cabernet Franc...one of my favorite wines ever. Once I cleared out 3 liquor stores of all they had - about 3 cases. We're still drinking it all these years later. I'm so glad PB allows for wine. That would have been a deal breaker for us and we'd have to cheat.

Mood is good today. Am really jonsing to go shoot though. It's been a long time for me, but this weather, man, has been crap. And I've had stuff to do in the afternoons the past couple days, so getting out to my favorite swamp or forest wasn't in the cards. If the 3 people who read this are interested in my photography, my site is Wicked Dark Photography - it's just a blog for the mo. I haven't mustered up the courage to try to sell my work.

Anyway...5 days no grains behind me and I haven't collapsed in a puddle of need for them. I do fully expect some cravings ahead of me though, but so far they haven't surfaced.
    Last edited by June68; 06-07-2012 at 04:19 AM.

cmlloyd Guest
    love love the photographs! You are so brave to take pictures of snakes OMG.
    I have a Nikon D80 with a standard 55-135mm lens I have a Macro adapter that fits right over my lens which allows me to get pretty close and sharp with flowers and neat things like spiderwebs I took a photography course and am SO glad I learned how to set my camera for different types of shots. I shoot from Drag Racing to natural outside landscape to macro. My faves are animals and stills.
    I have been in school so I haven't been able to shoot like I would like to lately. DH freaks out when i go out side and it's lightning. lol

YAY! 5 days NO GRAINS!!!! Thumbs up and high five!

thanks for the compliments. I'm glad you liked them. Snakes, lizards, turtles, worms, bats, frogs, toads, salamanders, spiders...I love them all and I don't photograph them near enough. Your rig sounds like it would give you some working distance if you dared to try.

So for breakfast I had 2 chicken eggs and 3 bacon strips & 4 oz. V8, followed by greek yog & fruit. I nibbled some orange bell pepper while making it. This was after a 5.5 mile walk in actual sunlight (it's been cloudy and rainy for days and days).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    OMG your photography is amazing! Magazine worthy! Art Gallery worthy! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures of the streams. The snake is cool too. You have a talent that I cannot even come CLOSE to!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

awww, thanks jenn. I'm glad you liked them. I've been a semi-serious photographer since the mid 80s and with my 2nd digital SLR I've gotten really into it again.

So I think I have PMS or something (I haven't actually had a period in so long now that I don't track my cycles anymore, but sometimes realize where things are at), but I find myself in an emotional way today. Dumb things make me all choked up. Maybe it's the hope that I feel with the PB program. I'll leave it there for now, but will probably write a longer post just to get it out.

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast