Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Skinny girl to fat girl and back to skinny girl - for life page 29

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So here's a few shots from the powerlifting meet this past weekend. Husband didn't win for this lift, but he did win for bench press (which is a much more boring shot than these). The weight is a few pounds over 400.

He's the lightest I've ever known him - 178lbs. As an ectomorph, he has to work hard to put on any muscle, but he's been a body builder for 25 years so it's there now. At the beginning of June (when we went primal) he was about 200lbs. Obviously, he lost fat, but nothing else....the hair's been long gone!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    NICE! 400 lbs is amazing!

Please, define ectomorph... I'd google it, but I'm afraid of what I'll find. lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

thanks jenn. he's been working on deadlifts for a while now and getting stronger. He can to pullups like a madman, too.

anyway, endomorph is pretty google-safe I think. basically there are 3 main body types; endomorph, ectomorph and mesomorph. an ecto usually has a light skeletal system (hubby's wrists are barely bigger than mine), slender/wiry muscles, little bodyfat and they are usually hard gainers, meaning putting on muscle is tough and so is fat. endos are round and soft and have it easy putting on fat, muscles are usually also soft, but they build easier than ectos. mesos (that's me) usually have square, wide skeletons and musculature, heavier more bulky muscles and put on more muscle easy, but we lay down fat pretty well, too. of course you can cross the streams and be a bit of each, but that's the big three.

ecto - long, thin, light bones, hard to gain muscle or fat
    endo - round, soft, easy to gain fat, not as hard to gain muscle as ectos
    meso - square, broad, heavy muscles and bones, easy muscle gainer and pretty easy fat padder

I'm definitely a meso... I have a large frame, a LOT of muscle (especially in the legs, but upper body is pretty strong too) and I can put on the fat like I'm putting on a coat! I'll have to research that some more and see how to manipulate it to work in my favor.

It's strange how recognizable my family's shape is sometimes. I'm built like my dad - big muscles in the arms and legs. I'm taller, but I take after him. So does my brother, who is taller still. In early June I went to see his daughter (my niece) perform in a dance recital. She's 7. I'm kind of far back in the main theater seats and out come the little girls; all dressed, coiffed and made-up alike. I pick out Anna just by her build. She's tall and has well developed shoulders, biceps, hams and quads. Just like auntie, grandpa and dad. Funny. Mesos to the end.

Anyway...fall is upon us here in New England...well it's feeling that way lately and so I've been scouting my closets pending the change of wardrobe. What's amazed me most is that a lot of my old clothes fit now. Things that haven't in a few season-changes (like 6 or 7) now fit, and even things that kind of fit a while back are too big. It's amazing what 15 pounds will do for a girl's attitude. I've also been figuring out what to bring on our trip to California next week. Paint me astounded when I can wear some less than totally casual clothes and look good in them. This will be the first trip in YEARS that won't include my size large Gramichi, elastic waist pants. Seriously. I'm over the moon happy about what's happening to my body and by extension, my attitude and emotions. I actually feel self-confidence returning, something I've been critically short of since about 2006.

On top of that nothing hurts.

That's a big deal. Pain, daily and pretty intense pain, has been part of my life for ages. Ibuprofen was a macro-nutrient. Mostly my back; upper and lower and occasional other stuff like sciatic joints, Achilles tendons, knees and head also give me trouble. This last week or so has been substantially lower in the pain department. That's not to say it's gone (I can feel my rhomboids right now), but it's lessened. Non-acute. Which also translates into better attitude, outlook and well-being. I don't know to what I should attribute this, probably just a sum of all the positive changes in diet and exercise, but I love it. I can actually load and unload the dishwasher without cringing or having to grab the counter for support. Wow.

Sleep has been a tad better in the last few nights. Less middle-of-the-night awake time. Food has been similar, but with less fruit and vegges, more fat. Trying to keep a calorie gap between what I eat and what I need to run, but I'm not being mental about it and I'm certainly not measuring. All in all, things are pretty good.

Oh, and I solved my belt problem. The pants I'm bringing on vaca (that now fit me) have no belt loops. I didn't notice at first, but then, voila - problem solved. Sweet.

Glad the belt issue is solved.

Your achilles pain, coupled with sciatic pain makes me think it's not achilles pain at all. I sometimes have achilles pain too (to the outside of the foot around the achilles and heel where the achilles ends... feels tight, tender to the touch). I went to my chiropractor who does this thing called Active Release Techniques to have her fix my achilles and she didn't even touch my foot. She worked my hips. Said my pain was "referred sciatic pain" caused by my glutes pinching the nerve. I didn't even know the sciatic traveled that far, but sure enough, she showed me a picture of the sciatic ending in the heel.

If you sciatic joint pain went away, that might also explain why your achilles doesn't hurt anymore. Glad you're feeling better, nonetheless.

Take any pictures recently?

It could very well be. I had far less actual sacroiliac joint pain than I did Achilles tendon pain. And it was only one tendon recently. My body is so weird.

No pics lately. Just been uninspired. Will most likely break out of it when in California. Big Sur is such a tough place to take.

Only one of mine hurts at a time too... but mine is caused by piriformis syndrome, where the tiny piriformis muscle in your butt has to do all the work of running b/c your other butt muscles are weak, then it gets angry, inflammed and pinches the nerve out of revenge... that piriformis is a spiteful little muscle.

such weird stuff going on all the time that I wonder we function at all sometimes.

anyway...lawn is mowed, laundry is going and so is bacon! ah bacon...

Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast