Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Skinny girl to fat girl and back to skinny girl - for life page 28

BeckaSki is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Bringing this back from pages ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by June68 View Post
    Women, Weights and Strength Training
    I remember once, just before I stopped lifting, I was out with my co-workers at a restaurant after work. It was summer and I had on a short-sleeved shirt. One guy kept looking at me. Sure he saw me every day, but it took a couple beers in him to ask me to flex my biceps at him. I did. He was floored (had me some great guns for a while) and wouldn’t arm wrestle me after that even though he’d most likely have won. It was hilarious.
    This has happened to me, more than once. It cracks me up every time. I just read through most of your journal, and I really love your attitude about food, exercise, womanlyness, and all the rest. I tapped out of the forums for a long time due to the level of freak-out and arguing among various paleo/primal/leptin/etc camps. I was saturated on knowledge and couldn't handle any more.

I saw a quote by Nate Miyaki on Twitter the other day that sums things up nicely, "When you can start discarding the useless more than acquiring the new, I think that's when you've reached a true understanding of something." Seems like your're about there with this WOE.

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Becka. I can't believe anyone reads this.

It seems everyone goes through similar phases with anything this life-changing. Info-overload is part of it I think. So is wanting everyone to know...everyone must know the truth and share in my epiphany! It's crazy, but I think I'm over it.

Anyway, so husband and I are going to California in a couple weeks and I'm at that awkward phase where my fat-pants don't fit me anymore, but I don't have much else. Then I remembered a 3rd closet and found 3 pairs of pants that do fit (and one that's sadly too big now). Woo hoo! I don't think I'll look ridiculous. Phew.

Now my problem is this - I need a new belt. Ugh. I can't really justify buying one because at this rate, it will just be too big and a waste of $$. None of the belts I do have really match (too dressy...from my Brooks Brothers years) and the casual ones are still way too small. Bah. Maybe there will be some on sale. I'd like to pick up a new pair of semi-nice sandals for this trip and at this time of year, maybe I can find some that don't cost the earth.

oh the awkward phases of weight loss. lol.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I just buy my belts at Walmart. Plain black matte finish belt is about $4.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I'm sure I can find a cheap one, somewhere. Good idea. No reason it has to be fancy.

Today I fasted. Sort of. I had coffee with heavy cream and a few macadamia nuts this morning, then I went for a walk in the woods. When I got home I didn't feel like making anything. You know when you can't decide what to eat...so I ended up not eating anything. Apart from the hunger pangs, it was fine. It's amazing how non-debilitating hunger is now. Sure, the pangs are annoying, but they go away after a while. So I didn't eat until about 4 when I knew I had to have something because while writing a couple of book reviews I made more spelling errors than normal. Off. The. Charts. Stoopid. So I ate. Mostly fat and protein. Now I'm having some bourbon to give my liver something new to play with. Still it was exciting (in a weird way) to know I was burning my own backfat today.

Now we're in for a hell of a storm and I've downloaded some Lovecraft onto my Nook so I'm going to get to it.

My husband participated in a powerlifting event today (he came in first for bench press in his age/weight group) and I ventured into the locker room to find the scale. I'm down to 165 lbs in clothes.

Wow.

15 pounds in 3 months.

By eating bacon. And butter. And salami.

OMG.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    My husband participated in a powerlifting event today (he came in first for bench press in his age/weight group) and I ventured into the locker room to find the scale. I'm down to 165 lbs in clothes.

Wow.

15 pounds in 3 months.

OMG.
    Awesome isn't it??? I've lost almost 10lbs in 2 months, eating bacon and eggs EVERY DAY... and having coffee WITH CREAM... and yeah, all that stuff I used to believe would make me put on weight like nobody's business. I'm now the lightest I've been in about 4 years eating in a way I NEVER thought possible!!

It is. I can hardly believe it's working. But my clothes and the scales don't lie. Hm. Who would have thought I'd find a way to lose fat, not starve, not kill myself with exercise and feel great? I'm quietly hopeful that I can get comfortably down to a nice, lean bodyweight and stay there.

Today I could swing the bell for 15 minutes before my wrist started to hurt, so that's improving. Then I walked 5 miles and had bacon and eggs. Oh I'm so malnourished and deprived. Yep, that's me.

Wow.

15 pounds in 3 months.

OMG.
    Amazing how it works! I am so unbelievably stunned that this is working so well. I'm down to 186 as of yesterday morning. Just like you - by eating bacon, and butter, and ribeyes! I love it. I'm eating foods I love and always had to avoid before because they'd throw of my calorie counts/fat goals. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how calories don't really matter and how those foods make me HEALTHIER than avoiding them did!! LOVE IT!

Congratulations, by the way.

Hey thanks.
    It's almost like a dream. I'm afraid to obsess too much and so I just keep doing what works.
    congrats right back atcha.

Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast